Bears/Fins major trade

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2004
The Miami Dolphins and Bears have agreed to trade involving a pair of Pro Bowl players.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Dolphins have agreed to a trade of holdout defensive end Adewale Ogunleye for Bears receiver Marty Booker and a third-round pick in 2005.

The deal, however, is dependent upon the Bears reaching a contract agreement with Ogunleye by 8:30 p.m. ET Saturday. If no deal is reached by then, the trade would not be complete.

Dolphins general manager Rick Spielman confirmed to FOXSports.com that a deal is pending but was not sure if a contract agreement would be reached in time.

Ogunleye has been a holdout this preseason after refusing to come into camp with a restricted tender offer. He had an AFC-high 15 sacks for the 'Fins a year ago and would dramatically help the Bears pass rush, which recently flip-flopped its defensive ends to juggle things up a bit.

Booker had two 1,000-yard-plus seasons during the past three years and would dramatically upgrade the Dolphins passing attack, an attack which recently lost David Boston to a knee injury.

Jun 24, 2004
they got fiedler, hes decent but not gonna win shit by himself. They brought in who was it from the eagles? Feeley? I guess hes suppose to be there future starting qb

Apr 25, 2002
Fiedler is not decent, he's horrible. He's not even gonna start Feeley will. Again this year they bring in another former 3rd string QB and think he is gonna work magic. I don't understand what the Dolphins are doing. To go from Marino to these bums they have played since has been fuckin SICKENING for Dolphin fans.

Minor sucks, they need to start givin the ball to Fred Bennett. He could be much better than Minor with some carries I think. He's like 5'7'' and explosive.