Be honest, how often do you listen to OLD shit?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Here I am at the computer playing some MP3s as usual, when "The Ave." by Dre Dog comes up in my playlist. "Hmmm, a pretty old song, almost 10 years now," is what I think to myself. Then I start thinking about how often dope songs you love just get played out or drowned out by time and newer releases, or how you just happen to forget about 'em. Then I start thinking about how certain a certain song(s) can remind you about a period or event in your life, no matter how big or small it was. Sometimes, I'll be playing some tracks from a year ago and think to myself, "damn, last summer was off the hook."

I must admit, I frequently bump OLD ass shit. I mean, shit from the early 90's and sometimes late 80's. In this day and age, it's all about out with the old and in with the new, but how often do you bump some old rap tunes?

Apr 25, 2002
Old shit... all the time, that's mainly what I listen to these days and I believe that's what I'll be listening to the rest of my life. Image your parents listening to oldies & whatnot. This older rap will be my oldies in the near future :)

Jul 26, 2002
Honestly all I listen to these days is the old shit. I really don't like any of the new shit, so I just listen to the old classics. And the only cd's I buy these days is old cd's that I might have missed. all day all the time

N

Nostril King

I listen to old shit but really don't appreciate it anymore because new shit blows it away productionwise...I'm still amazed at some of the mid 90's shit that still blows away most industry production i.e. look at bg knocc out and dresta's albumk - groundbreaking with the mixing and production.

May 10, 2002
Tweak said:
Then I start thinking about how certain a certain song(s) can remind you about a period or event in your life, no matter how big or small it was. Sometimes, I'll be playing some tracks from a year ago and think to myself, "damn, last summer was off the hook."
I know what ya mean.
But for reals, I do bump some new shit, but most of the time I got some shit from 95' to 98' in my rotation.

Apr 25, 2002
i think the coolest thing about the underground is we never play out old shit. think of it- you can release a CD like Nigga Deep wiht an old school cover that looked like a fuckin polaroid.. and ppl bump that shit like 12 years later. to me thats a beautiful tihng.