BCS CHAMPIONSHIP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 2, 2003
if penn state goes undefeated and every other team has one loss (big 12-sec)...do you think they go to the NC game?

i think if that happens it will be a big 12 team vs. penn state...(i think a one loss big 12 team is better than a one loss SEC team...the big 12 is easily the best conference this year)

that would be gay...

however it would open up a interesting scenario in the rose bowl...last year it was fucking gay and they kept with the tradition of Big 10 and put USC vs. illinois...its lookin like it might be USC in the rose bowl again and i hope its not against a big 10 team...theres no way its OSU vs. USC...that would be gay..and if MSU comes in 2nd...that would be another gay game...and if penn state loses 1 game..it will be PSU vs. USC...all gay big 10 matchups

although the sugar bowl is the place for an SEC team..if two r ranked really high..both could get BCS bowl bids...maybe one goes 2 the rose and one the sugar. this could happen if they dont get a team in the NC game and penn state gets in their against a big 12 team..

if the voters put a SEC team in the rose bowl against USC...IT WOULD BE BIGGER THAN THE NC GAME....

the fiesta bowl is for the big 12...and if they get a team in the NC game against penn state their number 2 would likely go here..leaving a 3rd option out there but probably not worthy enough for the rose bowl..

i just really wanna see USC vs. the best SEC team...

maybe it can backdoor happen...

Jul 1, 2004
Its obvious a 1 loss big 12 team is better than a 1 loss USC team. Look how many Big 12 Teams are in the TOP 25? How many from the PAC 10? Come on now...quit jockin on USC. They are the most overrated college football team.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Dog the big ten aint as good as it has been but dont knock Penn St.! They can ball and ofcourse if they run the table and everyone else has atleast one loss they would be ranked number and be in the bcs no brainer!!! Dont underestimate them!! They do have 2 big games against Ohio St. & Mich St. so running the table aint a piece of cake!! Got Em!!!

Jul 1, 2004
WOW, ARE YOU KIDDING, DUDE QUIT JOCKIN THE BIG 12 TEAMS...USC ISNT REALLY PLAYIN ANY1 IN THE WAC-10 OR PAC 1+9....BUT TO SETTLE THE SCORE, THEN USC SHOULD MATCH UP WITH THE 2ND BEST BIG 12 TEAM IN A BOWL GAME THEN
that sounds good. I just dont feel USC deserves a national title shot. theres many more deserving teams

Apr 25, 2002
I think if there's anything people here will agree on its that in general the rankings system in college football is bullshit. I agree that the SEC and BIG 12 are the two strongest conferences this year, but when you start ranked incredibly high and open up with OOC teams like Middle Tennessee State you artificially inflate your rank. Then when you lose to teams in conference, you do drop rank but not nearly as much as you would had you opened up against some good teams OOC.

The PAC-10 is having a down year. They seem to play on having a tough OOC schedule getting them good rankings since they seem to undoubtably have to prove themselves every year rather than start in the top like the SEC and BIG 12. This year it backfired on them. You could expect some of those loses but the MWC really fucked them up and thats what hurt them most.

That said I still can't believe a 1 loss USC team wouldn't make it to the championship. The way college football should work is if you are a 1 loss team you're a one loss team. There seems to be this ESPN created element of "cannabalism" in conference in the SEC and BIG 12. Well why wasn't it cannabalism last year when Cal beat Oregon, Oregon best USC, and USC beat Cal? A loss is a loss in any conference. Oregon State got the best of USC and that's why they play the game. Does USC getting upset mean they aren't one of the best teams in college football? No.

I think it should be a great test for USC to play Cal later these year. Even though Cal is 25th, they have beaten all of there opponents convincingly. The game against Michigan St. would have been a beat if Longshore didn't throw 2 (was it 3?) interceptions. Clearly they were asleep against Maryland, a critical fuck-up but before and since they have played well, a bit sloppy at times but also very much imporved defensively.

I agree with the guy who said USC should play the best SEC team. There should be more PAC-10 / SEC matchups. The SEC clearly has more depth but it would be good to see the PAC-10's 1-3 against the SEC's 1-3.

It would be really interesting to see Penn State in the championship. What worries me most is another huge ass-kicking by an SEC team. I'd much rather see Penn State in the RoseBowl playing USC or Cal than in the national title.

Anyways, Im just wandering all over the place now.

Jan 2, 2003
Its obvious a 1 loss big 12 team is better than a 1 loss USC team. Look how many Big 12 Teams are in the TOP 25? How many from the PAC 10? Come on now...quit jockin on USC. They are the most overrated college football team.
r u retarded?????

please point out in my post where i said a 1 loss USC team is better than a 1 loss big 12 team...I NEVER MADE THAT CLAIM..

my WHOLE POST is about USC in the ROSE BOWL....

and i started the fucking post off with "the big 12 is easily the best conference"

so what the fuck r u tryna bitch about??????!!!!!!

u r a fucking dumbass by saying USC is the most overrated team..

there are COUNTLESS SEC and BIG 10 schools who r CRAZY overrated..

AUBURN??...WISCONSIN????....these were both top 10 teams at one point...and they r a complete joke..

ill put USC against any1 in the country..

theres no way u call a team like USC overrated..

ask OKLAHOMA, VIRGINIA TECH, NEBRASKA, ARKANSAS, AUBURN, MICHIGAN, OHIO STATE, VIRGINIA, ILLINOIS