bay area hardcore

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2005
anyone fans of hardcore on here? i just went to hoodsfest last night and that shit was brutal, those kids are crazy.. worlds apart, murder practice, furious styles, on a warpath, maya over eyes, hoods.. ringing any bells?

Mar 14, 2006
Hoods are raw, but check out Call to Arms from San Jo.. i remember seeing a dope hardcore band at Gilman street named Deadfall I think, anyone else ever heard of em?

Oct 10, 2005
City Situation said:
what's hardcore and what's hoods? obviously not the regular meanings..
hardcore is a sub-genre of punk that is influenced by metal with abrasive lyrics, and is a mogul of build ups and breakdowns

hoods is a local bay area band.. mike hood (guitar/vocals) owns west coast worldwide records which has about 10 other local hardcore bands

May 1, 2007
yayarea92510408 said:
hardcore is a sub-genre of punk that is influenced by metal with abrasive lyrics, and is a mogul of build ups and breakdowns

hoods is a local bay area band.. mike hood (guitar/vocals) owns west coast worldwide records which has about 10 other local hardcore bands
Certain hardcore bands started bringing more metal influences into the music in the early 90's and is what started "metal-core". Hardcore punk is what the genre originally was started in the early 80's and was basically just punk played faster and harder with bands like bad brains, minor threat, black flag, negative approach, etc.

Feb 27, 2005
^^

yeah Cro-Mag is hardcore group and thanks to my brother i know a bunch of them: and Minor Threat is really tha shit

REGENCE TO MINOR THREAT

May 1, 2007
B-Buzz said:
haha sweet first post man. I'm guessing you're more of a rock fan so feel free to enjoy our wonderful rock forum/
lol nah I like a lot of different music including rap, but I've been into punk and hardcore for a long time. And yeah the cro-mags are an old nyhc band that started in the 80's.