Basketball riot in Serbia [Video]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 24, 2002
I dont know if this was on the sportnews in USA ? Anyway almost two weeks ago there was a european cupgame between Red star Belgrade(Serbia) vs Paok Saloniki (Greece) . Both teams are known for their violent hooligans . So this is no surprice really . Also City rivals to red star , partizan belgrade were there to fight with the greeks against their enemies . Europe and hooliganism aint new but im posting this because its unusual in basketball . Its more of a soccerthing for most countries here .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s81hxEJ39m0

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
daaaaaaaaaamn.......

one thing I don't get is wussup with the throwing of flares at these international sports brawls?

Jan 27, 2005
yea they even shot flares..you usually only see that in open stadiums..

the music kept playing all the time that was weird somehow

Aug 24, 2002
Im going to stand neutral regarding that subject. You gotta understand that our teams go way back with alot of history . Its different . Its almost the same story in every european city . One club on the rich side of town and another on the poor side of town. We dont even choose our clubs , it all depends on were you grow up basically. Im having a hard time to kick it with another supporter of a rival team from my city. And they feel the same about us . Its just how it is overhere. And im not involved in fights for my club(im old ,24 years) , im just saying that the fights have a long history that have been passed on to our generation from the generation before us. You got beat up on the schoolyard as a kid for supporting the wrong team .

Apr 25, 2002
I've always wondered about this myself.

You have our culture where even yelling at another fan could get you kicked out of the arena, and you have their culture where this shit happens all the time.

Then outside the arena you step into an American city population 500,000 with 250 homicides in a year then over in Western Europe cities twice that size do 1/10 the amount of homicides.

I never have and probably never will understand this. Who's the more violent culture?

Aug 24, 2002
^^ Yeh . I think the weapon license laws got alot to do with that . Only chance to get a gun overhere is getting it on the streets illegal. Or if you live upnorth in the woods and got a huntinglicense ,then you can get a rifle . Thats a good thing obviously if you compare our homicide stats. I mean , theres probably like a 1000 % more weapons in an american city of the same size as a european.

Apr 25, 2002
kopiko said:
Thats a good thing obviously if you compare our homicide stats. I mean , theres probably like a 1000 % more weapons in an american city of the same size as a european.
I don't think that's it.

Remember Michael Moore's Bowling For Columbine? I'm not a huge fan of the dude, but he did make a great point by pointing out that Canada also has miniscule homicide stats compared to us, Canada has WAY more guns than the US.

Nov 5, 2004
LOL at the guy that jumped over the railing and flew like 5 rows, then the crowd cheered.

Not surprising though. Team pride outside of the US is taken very personally.