BART and Hyphy

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Do you support or not support the native Hyphy music of the Bay Area?

• Support Hyphy

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Hyphy's A Joke

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 24, 2007
Just trying to picture the overall BART perspective on Hyphy, it seems that Hyphy is loosing its internal drive because maybe a lack of native support. Welcome thoughts on the movement, Mac Dre's legacy on it, where its going, reasons Hyphy is lacking in your thought, etc.

Jan 1, 2006
Hyphy has taken on some many different meanings a lot of people have their own meaning and have incorporated thizzin up in the mix. People associate the two as one in the same... IT'S NOT! This is where the line needs to be drawn HYPHY AnD Thizzin Not the same... matter fact I'mma start a new thread on that

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
althought i support hyphy overall, so much more could be done with it. hyphy music is lacking because too many people are trying to do it. people from all over the bay are trying to do the same thing. originality is lacking. i know it may not sound like much, but i respect people like the jacka and san quinn so much more because they do music that is native to them, they dont try to change shit up just to fit into the popular scene at the time. i know that many people in the bay made "mob music" back in the day, but it was distintinctive in each area. thats what people need to get back to, representing their area and staying true to it, while networking with other artists.