Baltimore police: Armed BGF gunman sent into police station

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2005
just another day in baltimore

Baltimore police: Armed BGF gunman sent into police station

BALTIMORE —The Black Guerrilla Family gang sent an armed gunman into a Baltimore police station Tuesday to test security, police said.
Related

142 Anne Arundel crashes reported;...
Missing Annapolis woman's body found...
CEO defends decision to open...
Episcopal Diocese recounts day of...
Woman wanted in Hagerstown death...

Mobile users tap here to watch video

Police said the man was sent to the Northeastern District station. Police said officers smelled marijuana on the man, searched him and found a loaded gun. Police said the man told them he had been sent in by the BGF gang to test security.

Police Commissioner Anthony Batts has called the incident alarming. Batts is so concerned about the incident that he's ordering security changes throughout the department and is calling a meeting of other agency chiefs over the next few days.

"An organized gang in the city of Baltimore sent an armed suspect into our building to see our security, to test our security. That is alarming to us, to me. I am going to send a message that we are not going to cower, we're not going to back down," Batts said.

Police said the man is credible and they suggested he had been put up to the task because of running afoul of the gang previously.

"He did not go in there on his free will. This person had very little option, according to his statement, which lends credibility to what a dire situation this was," Deputy Police Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez said.

"Clearly, this was not a rumor. Clearly, this was not hyperbole. This happened," Batts said.

Last month, the FBI warned police departments nationwide that the BGF was targeting police officers.

This incident comes weeks after two New York City police officers were fatally shot while they sat in their patrol car.

The BGF gang has plenty of notoriety, including the huge role the gang plays in the federal city jail corruption case.

Security has also been enhanced in neighboring Baltimore County, where Cpl. John Wachter said, "The Baltimore County Police Department has received information about an incident at the Baltimore City Police Northeast District Station this morning. In response to this, we have made necessary adjustments to our operations to ensure the safety of officers, professional staff, and visitors at our facilities."

Baltimore police: Armed BGF gunman sent into police station | Maryland News - WBAL Home

Jun 5, 2004
I watched a whole comedy show called "the Defenition of a Hyperbole" and i liked it, but i still dont know what that means.

Edit:Now my phones suggesting 2 different clashing plural versions: "hyperboles" and "hyperbolae". Im just supposed to pick one or what. Idfk, i havent heard of 'algies' in a fish tank, but ive never heard of a pair of " nikae" kicks either.

That shit is so fuckin stupid, im not even gonna google it now. Fuck you meriam webster u mark ass nigga... Whatever hyperbolee is i hope its s noun, because if its a person place or thing then i can physically shoot it with my uzi.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Its wild exaggeration not to be taken literally

"I ate a million slices of pizza man"
"I drank like fuckin a thousand beers yesterday man"
"I smoked a damn forrest of weed last weekend breh"

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2005
Oh shit, wasn't that Anthony Batts dude also the chief of police for Oakland before?
This dude Batts has now been Chief at 3 departments.

Long Beach PD
Oakland PD
Now he flew his punk ass across the county to head Baltimore PD I swear this is one lucky mofo to have that have run that many police departments .