Balance - Golden State Warriorz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
01. I'm Good - Messy Marv, Balance, Yukmouth (ehh)
Lyrics decent, production great! Yuk and Mess rappin about the same thing as usual. Mr. Balance ripped this one. When Mess is on a song with good lyricists, he kinda becomes an afterthought. Favorite line: "I'm good in the hood, this beat is breakfast, Yukmouth,Marv, me connect like Tetris!"

02. Step Up - Balance, Remo, Garcia (ehh)
The sample used is annoying. Beat is cool. I like Remo on this one. I'm assuming he's the "singer" and he has a verse also.

03. Ghetto Supastar (SOLID)
My favorite one hands down. Slaps like a mofo. I was expecting T.I. to have a verse. Curious line, "Nigga form like Voltron, the whip ain't clean if you ain't got no clothes on." I don't really understand what that mean, LOL. Favorite Line, "Big bass hittin, got the wood grain splittin, steel wheel so cold, nigga you need mittens!"

04. I Can Give It To Ya - Balance, Big Rich, G-Stack (SOLID)
I like it even though it's a Jay-O-Felony chorus. Maybe I'm wrong. Definitely a song to cruise to, sounds like a summer song.

05. Priceless - Balance, Dem Hoodstarz, Jesse James (SOLID)
Scoot can spit and Band Aid is getting better and better, that's for sure. I don't need to comment, anymore, 2nd favorite song. Favorite line if what I heard is right, "Fuck your rubber bands, give me a girdle"

06. Eyes Wide Shut - Balance, Erk Tha Jerk, Ahku (Ehh)
I think this one I ain't feelin. Not one bit.

07. New West - Crooked I, Juice, X.O., Balance (Ehh)
I think this one I ain't feelin. Not one bit.

08. Say My Name - Balance, Jesse James, La, Selau (SOLID)
I like this one, BEST SONG to release as a single. Selau isn't the best but she did ok on the chorus for this one. Favorite line, "Sheesh, I'm such a fucking beast. Nickname Wolverine how I'm cuttin up the sheets!" CLASSIC.

09. Gone - Smigg Dirtee, J.Stalin, Guce, Balance (SOLID)
I like it, JD (Smigg Dirtee) sounds good on this one. J. Stalin, man this guy needs to blow up! Guce (ok)

10. Whasup - Balance, Big Rich, Mistah F.A.B. (Ehh)
This one is in between SOLID and Ehh in my book. Maybe it's the chorus, I'm still on the fence even though on paper, this one should be top two based off the lyricists/rappers on the track. Based off lyrics, sounds like Fabby's verse was last to be added due to Big Rich refers to himself and Balance and not Fabby.

11. Swear To Tell Tha Truth - Dutch, Balance (Ehh)
Dutch just got lyrics up the ass. That boy good. But still, this song isn't part of my rotation, but I def like Dutch in this one. This song has more lyrics that I like, "Hang what I've hung, Breathe with my lungs. When I started out I thought I was the white lynch hung!" (Wow!)

When I say Solid, that's me saying I like this song with no hesitation. The ehhh songs are just ones that I ain't feelin immediately, not saying it sucks cause others may like it. This is just me, I don't expect everyone to have the same opinions as me. But I feel I keep it really real, and I have high expecations. Wether I'm listening to Jacka, Jack Johnson, or eating a burger at Jack in the Box. Last but not least, ICON did a great job on the production.

FYI, this is my first CD I've bought in 2008.

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
BOO...The 1st CD you bought this year....WOW! Your support really shows in your spending and your opinion.
Yes it does Mr. Ceza. Artists are suppose to be working their asses off to CONVINCE the fans to buy the music. It shows, that I'm NOT convinced. Booing the consumer doesn't make any sense. Yah, boo me, the guy that wants to spend his money to support the bay. I apologize for not being a sheep like 80% of the bay. FYI, lemme clear it up, this is the 1st BAY CD I've bought this year out of a total of 12 and I don't have any qualms or regrets in saying so. It's SAD, yes. But I'm the one who's sad because I wouldn't mind being able to rotate 5 bay CDs in my bucket while driving around.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
Yes it does Mr. Ceza. Artists are suppose to be working their asses off to CONVINCE the fans to buy the music. It shows, that I'm NOT convinced. Booing the consumer doesn't make any sense. Yah, boo me, the guy that wants to spend his money to support the bay. I apologize for not being a sheep like 80% of the bay. FYI, lemme clear it up, this is the 1st BAY CD I've bought this year out of a total of 12 and I don't have any qualms or regrets in saying so. It's SAD, yes. But I'm the one who's sad because I wouldn't mind being able to rotate 5 bay CDs in my bucket while driving around.
You almost get it. There have been a few worthy albums this year. You bought 1 of them, thanks. Maybe you need someone to help steer you in the right direction. To convince the consumer nowadays takes an endorsement by a bigger artist, or a major budget push. I havnt seen or heard any consumer off top Loving a new rapper or album without it. So look lower and you will see the talent and the dope CD's to come out. Yes these last few years have been the slowest for the Bay Area & West Coast, but there are many worthy CD's to buy or digital download. I'm not putting you down, just my observation.

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
You almost get it. There have been a few worthy albums this year. You bought 1 of them, thanks. Maybe you need someone to help steer you in the right direction. To convince the consumer nowadays takes an endorsement by a bigger artist, or a major budget push. I havnt seen or heard any consumer off top Loving a new rapper or album without it. So look lower and you will see the talent and the dope CD's to come out. Yes these last few years have been the slowest for the Bay Area & West Coast, but there are many worthy CD's to buy or digital download. I'm not putting you down, just my observation.
I hear ya, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to sound like you were clowning me. Maybe it's because I can only afford 1 Bay CD per year, we're in tough financial times, maybe not. I do wish I can buy every CD that comes out but since I've been buying CDs since 1991 when they came in cardboard boxes, I'm pretty sure I have a good ear on what's hot and what's not. And since don't I condone pirating, I don't DL and bootleg the bay shit. I usually hear a CD on a friends car and if I like it, then I'll buy it. After being burned by Thizz and other half-ass albums that's been coming out, I think I have the right to be on the "glass is half-full" when it comes to Bay Releases. I'm still waiting for J. Valentines solo album and/or Bailey's Wedding Crashers, oh yah, I know they probably will never come out. All I ask is you don't jump on something in a way that may be mis-interpreted as belittling the consumer cause that's how I took it while reading, because that post seemed really sarcastic. Thanks!