Baby Bash Explains it all to all HATERZ!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 8, 2002
www.myspace.com
this article was featured in the Newest Xplosive magazine....Interview conducted by C-4, interview took place in Las Vegas Navada.........Soldier Hard OUT!

Baby Bash-
He is one of the first artists from the Bay Area, other than Too $hort, to reach Gold sales status in the last few years. Baby Bash aka Baby Beesh has been doing big things as one of the premiere attractions on Universal Records. For nationwide listeners that may not know, Bash has been in the music game for a long time, as a group member of Potna Deuce and Latino Velvet. Tell me about coming up during the 90’s and now being on Universal and enjoying nationwide success. “It’s crazy. When I was with Potna Deuce in the 95-96 era, I was saying all that ‘playa playa’ sh*t before them East Coast cats got it. The Bay Area, we’ve always been ahead of our time, as far as the lingo, the slang. Now it’s about the beats. See the Bay Area sometimes sits on the beats. To me a lot of them kept the 96 era mentality of beats.” A lot of them still do. “That’s what I’m saying, and that hurts, we’re trying to advance. To me the rap game is f**ked up, I don’t even listen to rap, I listen to nothing but Young D Boyz, Mac Dre & E-40.”

Bash said the change that made him successful was when South Park Mexican brought him to Texas and he was able to see how different it was, lower cost of living, fans showing love, less of a gang influence, and a less cluttered music scene. When he signed with Dope House Records, he moved to Texas. “When I went to Texas, I heard their sound, I mixed it with Bay lingo and Bay sound, created my own little flavor, my own little fly sh*t.” He says the label wanted him to do radio songs, which lead to the huge crossover hit “Suga Suga.” “Happy Perez gave me the beat, I smoked a fat ass joint, I wrote that in 15 minutes. It blew up on the radio in Texas, and that’s when Universal started calling. I sold 700,000 units in the United States and 400,000 in Europe so now they’re like my best friends, but now these muthaf**kas want me to do all radio sh*t. That’s what blew me up, I can’t front and say ‘no I’m gonna do all old school Vallejo dope dealer sh*t,’ times change, you gotta move with the times.”

“My new album ‘Supa Saucy’ is gonna be half radio and half some of my music.” The guest list on Bash’s new album which is due out in March reads like a who’s who in the music industry from the Bay to beyond he’s got Nate Dogg, Avant, Akon, Butch Cassidy, Suga Free, Richie Rich, Pitbull, Tony Sunshine, E-40, Mac Dre, Franky J, A-Wax, Mr. Kee, Don Cisco, Jay Tee, Bosko, Paul Wall, Rasheed, Lucky Luciano and Grim. The album is produced by Akon, Happy Perez and Fredwreck. Don’t think that Baby Bash has in anyway forgot about his Bay Area roots though, as he put it, “the Bay Area is the mac mecca. Everywhere I go, New York, Chicago, wherever, I spit that Bay sh*t, they love it. My advice to Bay Area artists is venture out, the world is a lot bigger than the Bay.” At this point in his career Bash describes his style as: ‘super-ultra-magnetic-super- natural-fly-hustlerism-marijuana / groovy-situation-type-mobb-slang-oriented-V- Town-get-back-get-right-cognac-lounge-game.’

While talking, the subject of radio came up, to which Bash said “radio is nothing but a big payola thing now dogg, it’s not about talent anymore.” What about you, you’re one of the main artists on radio right now? “They get paid to play, I ain’t gone lie. I’m not gonna run from no money, they gave me a fat check, I signed it and said do whatever the f**k you want to do with that song.” How do you feel about people saying you sold out? “First of all it’s not called selling out its called buying in. I gotta lace they boots, there’s a lot of bitter muthaf**kas out there. The selling out days are over, that went out with MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. I f**k with real gorillas, like 40 who tells me all the time ‘I’m proud of you.’ If you think I’m a little cream puff ‘suga suga’ cat, come holla at me one on one. People get me confused for doing that little lovey dovey sh*t, but if you stopped being so bitter and worrying if your b*tch likes me, you would hear what I’m saying. Believe it, I come from Vallejo, I was raised with savages.”

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Good reading. I like the fact that dude is STILL the same. Like he said, some music is made for a different crowd but hes getting paid 4 it.

Oct 12, 2004
HE STILL A SELL-OUT WANNA BE DOWN SOUTH MA'FUCKA......FUCKIN RANKER....HIS NEW ALBUM WAS GARBADGE..... I wrote that in 15 minutes (SUGA SUGA)...I BELEIVE IT....LAME ASS CUTT....JUST MY OPINION....DONT NOBODY GET ALL WORKED UP ABOUT IT.......GONE!!!!1

Jul 13, 2002
Thank you for posting that article, it was a good read.
I like his new stuff. I enjoyed his older cuts better but the new shit hits too. It's different. Beesh or Bash, either way he's still put a lot into this generation of rap. I think he made a good move followin' the money but in doing that he basically had to give up some of his style to please the "business". Oh well, keep doin' yo' thang Beesh!

Dec 8, 2002
www.myspace.com
Dirty Clint said:
Thank you for posting that article, it was a good read.
I like his new stuff. I enjoyed his older cuts better but the new shit hits too. It's different. Beesh or Bash, either way he's still put a lot into this generation of rap. I think he made a good move followin' the money but in doing that he basically had to give up some of his style to please the "business". Oh well, keep doin' yo' thang Beesh!
NOt a problem Clint, jus wanted to try and get this out and all cleared up! Beesh or Bash Ima always support folkz.......

......Now no one here can't say they wouldn't do the same thang.........I damn sho would......Call me a sale out if you want......I got bills to pay, and mouths to feed and not no one here is gonna do it or help me... WE ALL WOULD DO THE SAME....

Bash killed me when he said ".....Beleive it...I'm from Vallejo, I was raised around savages........" LOL............A-Muthafuckin-Men!

Soldier Hard......................OUT!

Playa Rae- My bad folkzzzzzzzzzzzz

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
yeah I wrote that, we did that interview in Vegas, that was a fun interview to do. the main thing that i like about Bash is he always keeps it real, he's a cool ass person and does not have a big head and has much love for the Bay.

Dec 8, 2002
www.myspace.com
C-4 said:
...............the main thing that i like about Bash is he always keeps it real, he's a cool ass person and does not have a big head and has much love for the Bay.

C-4- thanks for that interview pimp....well in need!!!!..you hit the nail right on the head, Bash izzzzz a cool ass dude, I mean when ever he in Vallejo he always hits us up....... this dude visited Matai at his job site!!!!!!!!....Walked in there by himself, walked in the building then.......earthquake struck!!!!...like what!!!! .....ooohh yeah and he TRIED to sig on me toooo!!!! LOL........and even copped "The Spirit Of Pain".........now thats some real shyt........and at no time be-littled Matai or myself.................one can only respect that! Big salutes to you Bash..........He reads these post beleive that!

Soldier Hard....................OUT!

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
yea i'm knowin Bash reads these posts, he has told me that before. but yeah I got much luv and respect for him, we can't do nothing but be proud of him. people wanna say he aint doin gangsta shit no more and he wanna be down south, bullshit. he got maybe one or two southern sounding songs on his album. E-40 do the same thing, nobody say shit. he got how many Bay Artists on his album?? all this shit aint even worth explaining no more. While people sit here and bicker, Bash is out there making money and fucking bitches you dream about. And while doing that, he is HUMBLE and DOWN TO EARTH, A COOL ASS PERSON, you can just chop up game with him, it's nothing.

Dec 8, 2002
www.myspace.com
Mr Ceza said:
Right on AWOL SOLDIER, thanks for putting that up. Call me-Cesar 925 594-0251.
Mr Ceza- I hit you on the IM a couple of days ago I dont know if you got it or not, but I will fo sho-Lee hit you on the cell tomorrow..............

C-4- sorry dog for not mentioning you wrote this article, I will edit that now, gotta give credit were credit is do.........again thanks for that!

Matai- Hit me at the crib dogg we gotta talk folkz................

Soldier Hard....................OUT!

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
s'all good homie, don't trip, i wasn't commenting to give myself credit, i was commenting to say we had a good time doing that interview, at the magic convention, smokin out in the stairwell, keepin it all the way real about this music shit, bash smokin big weed sayin shit like "i smoke big while the rest of you dudes sit around with your fingers in your puss" hahahhaaha