B96 3rd annual "Greatest Rapper Alive" Tournament

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2003
It's Back! B96 March Madness aka "The Greatest Rapper Alive" competition.
We build the bracket- You Vote, You Decide Who Wins!

2008 Winner: Tech N9ne
2007 Winner: Snoop Dogg
Who Will Win This Year?

Championship Game Wednesday 7PM
You Decide Who Wins! Is it...

Twista

Tech N9ne​

Hopefully most of you will listen tomorrow night and call in to vote. Lets make Tech the 2-time defending champ.

B96 website so you can listen online:

www.b96online.com
651-989-4B96

Aug 5, 2002
B96 is hot trash. Matter of fact, everytime I hear a Hip Hop radio station I want to furiously punch something, and not my clown!

Oct 19, 2006
i hate the radio i dont listen to it, but its cool that the fans are voting for tech n9ne, that shows that people in the twin cities like tech more then these other fake ass "rappers"
Tech 100% of the way.

Aug 5, 2002
I agree with the support the radio station is giving midwest artists but I still can't bring myself to tune into it just for this reason. It's definately a good look for Tech, more exposure = more fans.

Oct 19, 2006
yea radio = grabage
i stay on the net for new shit, but the radio, plays you the shit that they think is hot, not the shit that they know should be played, like tech n9ne.

Nov 14, 2003
List of artists that were picked to be in this...

Lil Wayne (First Round Knockout by Twista)
Twista
Soulja Boy (First Round Knockout by Busta Rhymes)
Busta Rhymes (Second Round Knockout by Twista)
Rick Ross (First Round Knockout by E-40)
E-40
50 Cent (First Round Knockout by Bun B)
Bun B
Kanye West (First Round Knockout by Drake)
Drake
Young Jeezy (Second Round Knockout by Drake)
Jadakiss First Round Knockout by Young Jeezy)
Flo Rida (First Round Knockout by Slug)
Slug
Ice Cube (Second Round Knockout by Slug)
Ludacris (First Round Knockout by Ice Cube)
Lupe Fiasco (First Round Knockout by Eminem)
Eminem
Asher Roth
Common (Second Round Knockout by Eminem)
David Banner (First Round Knockout by Nas)
Nas
Gucci Mane (Second Round Knockout by Nas)
Jay-Z
Piles (First Round Knockout by Tech N9ne)
Tech N9ne
Snoop Dogg (First Round Knockout by Brother Ali)
Brother Ali (Second Round Knockout by Tech N9ne)
Chamillionaire (Third Round Knockout by Tech N9ne)
The Game (First Round Knockout by Chamillionaire)
Cam'Rom
T.I.

EDIT: I filled in as much as I can remember on when someone was knocked out and by who

Nov 14, 2003
i wonder what song they have been using for tech? "Red Nose" maybe? last year when he was in it, they debuted "Everybody Move" and it rode all the way through. In the championship it was Tech - Everybody Move vs. Atmosphere - Trying to Find A Balance. best part though was tech beating Wayne with 76% of the votes in the middle of all the Lollipop hype. he beat slug with like 63% or something. I also like the fact that it is Twista vs. Tech, who have at least one song together coming out soon (The one on Twista's cd).

Oct 19, 2006
yea, like atmosphere is from Minneapolis and im from stp, but i think atmosphere is garbage. thats just my personal opinion, there are so many people ive influenced tech n9ne on to, id say almost every single person i talk to i got to listen to tech n9ne. my boss, when i open my store every morning i have my tech n9ne bumpin, my boss comes in and says you and that tech n9ne music everyday, and i say it never gets old. but i get people to become technicians.

Oct 19, 2006
dont get me wrong i like chamillionaire a lot, cuz his delivery and flow is 1 of a kind. thats why a while ago i cam wit a kaliko and chamillionaire thread sayin how much i wanna see that collabo happen. i still do. the way they come is 1 of a kind.

Nov 14, 2003
chamillionaire for the win
until tech beat him...

one trend i noticed though, you look at the list of people who made it far into the bracket, and compare it to the crap that is played on the radio... for the most part, the people who are saturating the radio with shit music were some of the first ones eliminated, even though their songs are what everyone is requesting currently... makes me think maybe there is still hope for the radio to return to something actually worth listening to eventually.

Oct 19, 2006
yea, theres hope its just these lil kids that listen to the radio, they like that pop tart shit, im only 19 but i know good music from shitty shit, ive been wanting to do music all my life. still do but when you aint got the funds to do so u kinda give up, but ive been saving my money up to do something with, like i cant write music but i would like to produce and create shit for musical artist.

Nov 14, 2003
i was listening to b96 during lunch hoping to catch some of the results from this tournament, and peter parker was doing his new music debut thing. it was some brother ali feat slug song vs a busta song (the brother ali song won by a pretty large amount, and has won for the past 3 days), and when they were doing the voting, someone called in to request that stanky leg song. peter decided to fuck with the person a little and kept asking them what song they were talking about, and i think even had them start singing part of it or some shit. after a few he was like, "ohhh, i know the song. no!" *Click*