B-Legit prepares new album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 28, 2007
source: www.worldwideconnected.com:

-Legit has been a major player on the West Coast for many years as both a founding father of the independent rap scene and strong contributor to the Bay Area Hip Hop movement. After a long hiatus, B is currently putting the finishing touches on his upcoming album release Throwblock Muzic, which will unquestionably make his fans happy and reaffirm his place in the music industry...

B-Legit has been a staple in the Bay Area music scene for years. His legendary status as a pioneering artist and business man helped put his hometown of Vallejo and the greater Bay Area on the map. His most famous release, Hemp Museum, has become a Bay Area classic and he is confident that Throwblock Muzic will also be a huge success.

“Hands On Them Knees” is the first single off Throwblock Muzic, which has a total of 16 tracks. The album features an array of Bay Area superstars including, E-40, Mac Dre, Clyde Carson, Harm from the Rich and Levitti as well as some renowned producers, Mike Mosely, Goldfingaz, Stix, Troy Sanders and E-A-Ski. Always one to help up and coming Bay Area rappers, B-Legit features artists he signed to his label, Block Movement, on the album, they include Taj-He-Spitz, Duna, 2wiceberg Slym and Harm from the Rich.

The concept for Throwblock Muzic is a bit different, says B. "I stay recording, so I have songs that I love but didn't fit on my last album and don't fit on my new album so I took my favorite ones, touched 'em up, recorded some new songs and came up with Throwblock Muzic ." B-Legit also put some tracks on the album that were until that time only released on mixtapes, he remixed them and added new artists to the songs. Throwblock Muzic is only the first phase in B-Legit's Block Movement. "My last album hit before the Hyphy Movement broke, I'm known for that classic mob music so I fell back and went to work. I gave the kids a chance but now I have to step in and do what I do best. Throwblock Muzic is to hold you over until Block Business."

Throwblock Muzic will surely redefine why B-Legit is considered one of the legendary artists of the Bay Area. SMC Recordings will release Throwblock Muzic Nov. 20th 2007. Block Business is set for release March 2008

Apr 28, 2007
I just wish he has less Dirty Sourth sounding songs on his album (and it's not that he doesn't do it well, it's just that I prefer him over West Coast beats)