Avenged Sevenfold Drummer 'The Rev' Found Dead

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
HUNTINGTON BEACH James Owen Sullivan, a drummer and backup vocalist for the Southern California band Avenged Sevenfold, was found dead at his home on Monday, authorities have confirmed.
Sullivan, who went by the stage name The Rev, appears to have died of natural causes, Huntington Beach police Lt. John Domingo said. Police were notified by firefighters who had responded to Sullivan's home about 1 p.m.
Sullivan was 28. The Orange County Coroner's Office is investigating the death.
Avenged Sevenfold formed in Huntington Beach in 1999. Sullivan was a member from the beginning.
Since then, the five-man group has put out four albums and won Best New Artist at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2006. The group's self-titled fourth album hit No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart in 2007. According to a message posted by Zacky Vengeance on the band's MySpace page, the group was hard at work on a fifth album.
By Monday evening, whispers about Sullivan's death had spread to the band's fan sites on the Internet, which quickly filled with messages of condolence.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/sullivan-226142-beach-drummer.html

the guy was a dick when I met him, but this sucks. RIP

Jan 2, 2006
Really?He was actually really cool when I met him. He even took time to talk with me when he could of just walked away like the rest of the band did. I always liked his drumming.

R.I.P. The Rev

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Really?He was actually really cool when I met him. He even took time to talk with me when he could of just walked away like the rest of the band did. I always liked his drumming.

R.I.P. The Rev
Ya I met him and the bass player at a bar and he blew me off even though there was hardly anyone in the place and no one recognized him, bass player hung out for a bit and was a cool guy. Probably just had a bad night or something, doesn't excuse him from wearing a biker jacket of his band though lol

May 3, 2002
Damn, that sucks. I know a lotta people give this band a lotta shit. But they had some cool songs. Got more into them cuz of Rockband, lol. But the drummer seemed pretty sick. How he was singing the chorus while drumming at the same time. R.I.P.

May 16, 2002
damn...i heard about this today at work...thought my friend was bullshitting me...RIP...he had some skills on the drumkit.

Mar 18, 2003
He was actually a pretty fucking good drummer. I mean really good. And I don't even like a7x all that much. Very unfortunate.

RIP.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I want our fans to know that with Jimmy in our hearts, our journey to record has officially began. Jimmy helped leave this world an amazing gift and now it's our job to make sure to deliver that gift to our fans. We asked Jimmy's all time favorite drummer Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) to record on behalf of him. Mike said it would be an honor and without question that’s what Jim would have wanted. Its comforting to us that someone like Mike, who is undoubtedly revered as one of the best drummers in the world, held such respect and adoration for the Rev's abilities. Even though it will never be the same without our brother by our side, his essence lives in our hearts and through the music he helped create. He was a legend before any of the success or any of that bullshit and we are fucking excited to lay this down for our fans, and especially for Jimmy.
-Avenged Sevenfold

http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/news/a7x-enters-studio-mike-portnoy