audioslave-revalations

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I haven't heard the new album and I'm ehhhh when it comes to Audioslave. Funny enough I am/was a big Rage Against the Machine and a big Soundgarden fan...but for some odd reason I don't care for Audioslave too much. They got a couple cool songs...but they get really boring quickly to me. I'll check out the new album like the others and more than likely download the 2-3 songs I like like I did with their first two.

May 15, 2002
Audioslave is a clash of styles. I didn't like their first album and skipped their second, even though I meant to give it a try. Maybe I'll see what this one's all about. I agree with Nuttkase, Rage is dope, Soundgarden is better (IMO), but Audioslave just isn't that appealing.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Nuttkase said:
I haven't heard the new album and I'm ehhhh when it comes to Audioslave. Funny enough I am/was a big Rage Against the Machine and a big Soundgarden fan...but for some odd reason I don't care for Audioslave too much. They got a couple cool songs...but they get really boring quickly to me. I'll check out the new album like the others and more than likely download the 2-3 songs I like like I did with their first two.
pretty much my thoughts also...its like they dont suck yet they dont stand out enough to really listen to them on a regular basis. their albums seem real monotone and get boring fast. new album is probably a little better than there last couple efforts but still nothing to get worked up about

Sep 29, 2003
maybe its cuz i listen to mostly rap, but audioslave is one of my favorite bands....i havent had a chance to sit down and listen to the whole album yet, but i peeped a couple songs and they sounded pretty good.......i will post more thoughts later...

Jan 9, 2004
Nuttkase said:

I feel the same way. It aint the same without Zack.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i listened to it front to back for the first time last night...its really not half bad,has a good amount of quality tracks on it. the single they released didnt do this album justice,cause that single they chose is one of my least favorite tracks on the album

do i want to listen to it again? not really...but it was good while it lasted.might pop it in once in a while.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Nuttkase said:
How's that? He agreed with everyone in his second post lol. I think he was just seeing what others thought about the group/album.
haha exactly

didnt even say i liked them

was confused how i got on 'shut down' status,haha

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Now I don't even know if I'm even going to check this one out. I can't stand that lead single (Original Fire)...at all.

What the fuck is up with Chris Cornell? I swear he has been singing like a pussy on these past few songs. He used to have one of the most powerful voices in rock. Chris needs to hook back up with Soundgarden and Tom, Tim and Brad need to find Zach at get Rage back together.

Until then...I'm done listening to these guys.

Sep 29, 2003
im listening to this album right now, and i am at the 3rd track so far its great....i gotta admit, i was with you guys when i heard Original Fire on the radio, i said u gotta be kidding cuz that single was weak, but its starting to grow on me....will post more later....

edit...okay i finished the whole album front to back, and i must say this isnt as bad as some folks are saying it is. some of the guitar solos were a bit over the top/annoying for me, but overall it was a good album. i would give this a 3/5....one of my favorite tracks..

Audioslave - Wide Awake
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7655EAB521493A43