ATTENTION STRANGE: Don't Sign Anyone Else!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2009
Stop wasting all your damn money and get some back for a change. Make sure Cognito brings cash back into your pockets.

Don't get too ambitious, that's what kills most labels.

Travis, keep doin' what ya do and make that bread, homie. Fuck everyone else, you can't keep signing everyone who gets featured no matter how good they are cause no one will buy their shit.

Alan Wayne? Tha Pradagie? Sick on the verses, yeah, but I know I wouldn't cop SHIT.

Focus on that dolla.

Nov 11, 2009
Travis, keep doin' what ya do and make that bread, homie. Fuck everyone else, you can't keep signing everyone who gets featured no matter how good they are cause no one will buy their shit.
twicked, I'm sure they know a lot more about business then you do. Take a look at the music videos put out by Strange Music over time, they have progressively gotten better and the budget for each album has noticeably grown. With Travis having his own money in the label, he's not going to make any business decisions that would risk losing that money. Signing an artist is a business decision and for you to say "you cant keep signing everyone" is completely false and you have no reasoning to back it. Expanding the label by signing new artists is smart and could introduce new target markets that is good for any business. Strange has 6 albums (and lost scripts) slated for release this year, I'm sure they are "making that bread". If the albums aren't selling, they will cut the loss and release the artist. You have no place to make a business suggestion for Strange Music and neither do I, just trying to show you the logistics in expanding a business.

May 29, 2009
I understand where you're coming from, Shendri, this is just a response thread to all the threads everywhere about sign this fag and this fag.

I'm just saying to everyone to stop pressuring Strange Music to sign fucken losers that feature on their albums.

My next bet would be on The Popper. I love his shit and he's big in KCMO but oh fucken well. Fuck them all, make your cheddar. And yes, the videos have been amazing lately, I love their budget. But Scoob's debut sold like shit and the album needed no video. Krizz didn't get his video until his 2nd album. Hell, BLH will have 3 videos on his debut with Strange! At this rate, they're just pissing away money.

While BLH is worth the money, I doubt many others are worth the pocket change.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
I understand where you're coming from, Shendri, this is just a response thread to all the threads everywhere about sign this fag and this fag.

I'm just saying to everyone to stop pressuring Strange Music to sign fucken losers that feature on their albums.

My next bet would be on The Popper. I love his shit and he's big in KCMO but oh fucken well. Fuck them all, make your cheddar. And yes, the videos have been amazing lately, I love their budget. But Scoob's debut sold like shit and the album needed no video. Krizz didn't get his video until his 2nd album. Hell, BLH will have 3 videos on his debut with Strange! At this rate, they're just pissing away money.

While BLH is worth the money, I doubt many others are worth the pocket change.
im pretty sure our opinions are not pressuring anybody at strange to do anything. they read our posts and laugh at them as another bag of money gets dropped on the desk.

im sure 1 slightly rotated video brings in more money than they spent making it. and the BLH videos are getting people excited for the album again, he knows he has fans to win back.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
A) Yeah, Kaliko didn't get a video until his second album, but neither did Kutty. It's less about how many albums you've released with Strange, and more about when you released them. If they put Scoobs album out two years ago or better, it wouldn't have had a video like all the other non-Tech albums released back then.

To make an educated guess, Strange is probably turning enough profit that they can dabble in the area of Music Videos for some of the lesser albums. Why is Lynch getting three videos on his debut while others have only gotten one? Because the dude has the capability of pulling in Tech numbers, that's why. Lynch isn't a homie they pulled off of the block.

B) Strange should sign Irv Da Phenom, then they can stop. That's my two cents... and for the record, I felt that way long before he even turned up on K.O.D. or Monsterifik.

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
Fuck some Chino XL. Dude needs to fall into a pit of snakes.
what the hell Chino is fucking beast on the mic...
whether he stays on beat or not..is not the issue the dude just has raw lyrics.

But signing more people idk they could hold off for awhile but it's always good to branch out.

Jan 16, 2007
twicked, I'm sure they know a lot more about business then you do. Take a look at the music videos put out by Strange Music over time, they have progressively gotten better and the budget for each album has noticeably grown. With Travis having his own money in the label, he's not going to make any business decisions that would risk losing that money. Signing an artist is a business decision and for you to say "you cant keep signing everyone" is completely false and you have no reasoning to back it. Expanding the label by signing new artists is smart and could introduce new target markets that is good for any business. Strange has 6 albums (and lost scripts) slated for release this year, I'm sure they are "making that bread". If the albums aren't selling, they will cut the loss and release the artist. You have no place to make a business suggestion for Strange Music and neither do I, just trying to show you the logistics in expanding a business.

I.E. GravePlott, Skatterman and Snug Brim???

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
what the hell Chino is fucking beast on the mic...
whether he stays on beat or not..is not the issue the dude just has raw lyrics.

But signing more people idk they could hold off for awhile but it's always good to branch out.
I'm guessing he's one of the guys who got his feelings hurt when he talked about Tupac getting raped in jail.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
im pretty sure our opinions are not pressuring anybody at strange to do anything. they read our posts and laugh at them as another bag of money gets dropped on the desk.
Money and business-wise I see your point, but this is a little untrue. Look at where I'm at and how I got here if you are privy to that knowledge.

Look at Sawyer, Anthony, and Dakota...

All loyal fans who are or have been treated as friends behind the curtain. Strange still respects the little guys, and I hope this love for fans and allowing friendships to form doesn't wane in the midst of all this growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.