Atlanta/Chicago Bop

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
After Young Thug dropped my favorite mixtape of 2013 I checked his earlier work & got exposed to this sub-genre. It probably has the best chance to be the next "genre" to spring from rap, by the way of autotune. It's usually "for the ladies" type songs but it's been evolving over time.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
just sounds like some lightweight yung LA type shit.
they just beat that nigga up and stole his whole shit out in ATL lmao

yung LA was truly futuristic with his style man them niggas stil playin catch up out there, i used to really like his shit too bad he put himself in the buster category by putting a duck tape logo on his face

him and gucci mane literally sipped so much lean it fucked they careers up , i didnt even know that was possible man lean always helped me. i start sippin on a solo issue im workin on shit as soon as my cup hit. whether its a hustle money making scheme or art ima be workin. but shit same with xanax they effect me differently than other ppl shit cures my anxiety and allows me to function how i should normally lean does the exact same

Last edited:

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Yeah it started it atlanta but chicago is the poppin region now so they stealin the shine. You see they even named that mixtape "we started this bop shit" like naw we know you didnt lol.

Jul 4, 2011
I heard that Sicko Mobb mixtape (Super Saiyan Vol. 1), Fiesta slaps but the rest of the mixtape is meh for the most part. "Livin Life" and "Pluto" are cool and that Twista feature was dope, most of the tracks are filler though and sound too similar. I'ma check their next project, they could drop a decent project if they had better beats.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2011
Honestly the disconnect with this new Chicago shit on here reminds me of when D-Lo and DB The General first came out...

^That song was huge in the Town for damn near a year but there was no way in hell you was gon think that shit wasn't garbage unless you were in high school in Oakland at the time... Its the same shit with a lot of the music in Chicago right now. The difference is all the kids across the nation are on that Chicago shit, Oakland included.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Honestly the disconnect with this new Chicago shit on here reminds me of when D-Lo and DB The General first came out...

^That song was huge in the Town for damn near a year but there was no way in hell you was gon think that shit wasn't garbage unless you were in high school in Oakland at the time... Its the same shit with a lot of the music in Chicago right now. The difference is all the kids across the nation are on that Chicago shit, Oakland included.
I don't really see a disconnect - I have always had a taste for ignorant hood rap, but I do have one non-negotiable requirement and it is that it has to hit hard. There is plenty of Chicago music that does that, and then there is plenty of garbage too. This "bop" shit, which really does not even merit a separate label (because it has no musical identity whatsoever) does not hit hard.

P.S. That track you posted is garbage. But I definitely wasn't in high school in Oakland at the time...