Asomugha Talks About Playing For Jets

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 14, 2008
Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha was talking about playing for the Jets while in Miami for the Pro Bowl this past weekend.

Asomugha told ESPN.com that he was "dead serious" about it.

"Me and Revis have been talking to Rex [Ryan] to try to do something," Asomugha said. "You may see us in the future. There's a little bit of talk going on. Either he's coming to Oakland or something else will happen."

It's highly unlikely that the Jets could afford both Asomugha and Darrelle Revis, but the Oakland defensive back is hoping otherwise.

Dec 2, 2006
And as crazy as this sounds, I would shop him to see what kind of compenation teams would give up to grab a player of his caliber. I'm just saying. I love namdi but the NFL is a business!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Don’t take Asomugha too seriously

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, February 1st, 2010 at 2:17 pm in Oakland Raiders.

I saw very little of the Pro Bowl and basically took the weekend off.

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha played enough to make three tackles before taking the second half off with a knee injury. No word on how serious it was, but Asomugha was seen smiling on the bench, sharing a laugh with Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis.

Then he made some news by telling ESPN he’d like to play alongside Revis with the Jets and said he has even talked to Rex Ryan about it.

Asomugha is so well-spoken and is so serious about giving back to the community and involving himself with issues outside of football it hides another quality _ a wicked sense of humor.

My personal favorite was a year or two ago when he gave safety Michael Huff a piggy bank during the Christmas gift exchange with defensive backs because “he was stealing all of Al Davis’ money.”

As for talking to Ryan, there’s a big difference between approaching Ryan with the serious notion of being traded, and sharing a laugh with Revis and saying, `C’mon, Rex, you know you want to do this.”

The Raiders would be wise to laugh this one off after talking to Asomugha rather than dive in with one of their heavy-handed responses.

Left a call with the Raiders today in case there was an update on Asomugha’s injury and haven’t heard back. That’s the usual offseason M.O. Normally, information doesn’t bubble to the surface until the first minicamp or OTA availability. It’s at that time someone like Zach Miller will express surprise that no one knew he’d had sports hernia surgery.

Just in the quick glance I saw of Asomugha on the sideline, he didn’t look overly concerned. So we’ll probably wait until minicamp to hear anything, at which time Asomugha probably be full speed, having forgotten about the minor nick in the Pro Bowl.

Either that or he’ll be fitted for a prosthetic.

At which point, maybe a trade to the Jets wouldn’t be such a bad idea.

May 3, 2005
all the raider fans getting hurt lol... dont worry its almost always about the money, hes getting it in Oakland. Doesnt matter that your team is garbage

Oct 23, 2009
This has to be a stupid Pro Bowl publicity story...Asomugha is currently signed = tampering, no coach would be that stupid. Especially Rex after getting caught with that Cashtree shit this season.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
ahahaha a joke he must have been on meth when he signed that contract i would leave the raiders in a hurry to join the jets
nnamdi must have been on meth to sign the contract the Raiders gave him??

lol... wtf are you talking about dude? they paid $45.3 million for 3 years and $28.5 million guaranteed... making him the highest paid DB in the NFL

he would have been on meth to NOT sign that contract, lol

Jan 12, 2006
lol, ummm who's getting hurt?
wow will turn this into the worlds longest thread if we start naming everybody that got all hurt and defensive. just because people aint responding doesnt mean all raiders fan werent debating what to do with their #21 jersey they just got for xmas. thats why if i was a raidturd fan i would just get a howie long jersey because no one signs as a raider and actually fulfills their contract unless your name is tommy kelly or javon walker.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
wow will turn this into the worlds longest thread if we start naming everybody that got all hurt and defensive. just because people aint responding doesnt mean all raiders fan werent debating what to do with their #21 jersey they just got for xmas. thats why if i was a raidturd fan i would just get a howie long jersey because no one signs as a raider and actually fulfills their contract unless your name is tommy kelly or javon walker.
again... who's getting hurt?

and yeah... I don't have a Nnamdi jersey so I'm good... rockin the Bo Jackson, I'm straight

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I saw the topic in that thread before... I don't recall people seeming hurt about it there either... but maybe I'm wrong... I'll take a look I guess

all I can say is I'm not "hurt" about it

In all honesty it would not surprise me if Nnamdi left the team after his contract is up (granted that we're still losing... which is likely with Big Al runnin shit) and I really wouldn't blame him either... of course he wants to win... I'd wish him the best wherever he goes (with the exception of a few teams)