ASK ME ANYTHING

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 28, 2006
1OLB4 said:
WHY DO BOATS FLOAT?
A boat, or any other object designed to float, is based on a theory by a very old guy, even older than Capt. Matt. Though he is old and, by the way, dead, he was really a cool guy and his name was Archimedes. His principle, cleverly named the Archimedes' Principle, explains how things float.

If you fill your bathtub with water, what happens when you get in? The water rises, right? (And sometimes goes over the side.) That is because you "displaced" some of the water with your body and it had to go somewhere. The key to floating is that the object must displace an amount of water which is equal to its own weight.

the rest...,,,,,,,http://www.boatsafe.com/kids/021598kidsques.htm

lol its a kids website

May 7, 2002
mrraskal666 said:
cuz thats what i'll do:knockout:

Yea, but being that this is a question thread and you're dodging questions, it defeats the whole purpose of the thread.

You owe that man an answer and you know it.

You're starting to remind me of MrToungeTwista

Nov 1, 2005
mrraskal666 said:
A boat, or any other object designed to float, is based on a theory by a very old guy, even older than Capt. Matt. Though he is old and, by the way, dead, he was really a cool guy and his name was Archimedes. His principle, cleverly named the Archimedes' Principle, explains how things float.

If you fill your bathtub with water, what happens when you get in? The water rises, right? (And sometimes goes over the side.) That is because you "displaced" some of the water with your body and it had to go somewhere. The key to floating is that the object must displace an amount of water which is equal to its own weight.
why did u copy n paste?