Asian Muslims Warn Americans: `You`ll Never Live in Peace Again`

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Asian Muslims Warn Americans: `You`ll Never Live in Peace Again`
The Herald

-----------------------------

MUSLIM leaders in Asia today condemned the US attack on Iraq, warning that Americans would never live in peace again.
Speaking minutes after George W Bush announced that war in Iraq had begun, Syafii Maarif, head of the 30-million-strong moderate Muhammadiyah Muslim group in Indonesia, said: "This is not an attack on Islam but an attack on humanity."

Indonesia is the world`s most populous Muslim nation. Its cabinet is due to discuss the US attack at a meeting later today, before releasing an official response.

In Malaysia, the conservative Islamic opposition said Allah would bring about America`s eventual downfall. Abdul Hadi Awang, the president of Parti Islam se-Malaysia (PAS), said: "This despicable war exposes the ugliness of America and its allies.

"PAS is convinced that this war is the start of America`s destruction because Allah will not let any major power reign supreme forever."

Thailand`s Muslims also condemned the US actions, saying US citizens would never live in peace again. Murid Timasaen, spokesman for the Thai Muslims for Peace group, added: "They have attracted more enemies than ever, not only from the Muslim world but also from the Buddhist community. Countries like Iraq don`t have the capacity to fight the Americans in a conventional war, so more terrorist means will be deployed against the Americans."

Thailand`s government said it wanted no part in the war.

However, Thaksin Shinawatra, the prime minister, said: "We are ready to help rehabilitate (Iraq) after the fighting, up to the extent of our resources.

"At this stage, we hope the war casualties will be confined only to military targets and not on civilians." Their condemnation of military action in Iraq came just hours after the first shots of the war.

The US-led war was not universally condemned in Asia, however.

Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, the Philippine president, said Manila was giving political and moral support for actions to rid Iraq of weapons of mass destruction.

"The war has just begun," she said. "The Philippines is part of the coalition of the willing."

Lauro Baja, the Philippine foreign affairs undersecretary, is currently in Malaysia, attending a foreign ministers meeting of the Association of South East Asian Nations (Asean).

He said: "The greatest fears of Asean ministers are the upsurge of terrorism and the negative effects on the economy. The hopes of the international community is that this war will be short."

China had no immediate comment on the start of hostilities.

The Herald

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
man the world has got that more crazy (you hit me, I hit you....over n over .......)

E

Epidemic

I dare someone of muslim asain black white christian hindu or any religious group try and fuck with me or my family and bodies will go to Allah in a bloody bag. Fuck a terrorist

Epidemic

Jun 21, 2002
lol nigga shit you cant stop bullets comin from 50 directions joe. & it aint just muslims thats terrorists, please believe some mo tim mcveighs is comin

E

Epidemic

I feel you bdnlll about that but like I said someone has to pay for the lose of life if it comes to my family. But if it comes Its going right back. No hate homie I see what your saying.

Epidemic