A's snap another 8 game losing streak...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
So they finally win one in a come back effort beating the Devil Rays in 11 innings last night. A's dropped like 20 of the last 25 games or somethin' horrible like that. It's been hard to watch the A's these days, but I still have a TINY bit of hope for the rest of the season.

I'm just curious to know what the almighty G-Dubb thinks of his beloved A's team at this point in the season. You seem to always give good insight. Hollar back man.

Apr 25, 2002
Mr. Chronic said:
So they finally win one in a come back effort beating the Devil Rays in 11 innings last night. A's dropped like 20 of the last 25 games or somethin' horrible like that. It's been hard to watch the A's these days, but I still have a TINY bit of hope for the rest of the season.

I'm just curious to know what the almighty G-Dubb thinks of his beloved A's team at this point in the season. You seem to always give good insight. Hollar back man.
Well you can't expect a lot when Harden, Calero, Swisher, Crosby, Durazo, Duke, Dotel, Bradford are all missing time due to injuries... I still think Kendall will come around, he's been doing a little better lately and I think they need to keep him at leadoff where he belongs... Either the injuries or Eric Chavez will be what keeps the team losing though... I don't think there's a player in history that's fallen off that badly for no reason. He's coming around lately but still, there's no excuse for that. If they can start scoring runs you'll see Blanton and Haren step up, the reason they're pitching bad right now is because they have no confidence.

They had a good a chance as anyone in the West because none of the teams are very good, I think they'll have a good second half if they have their full roster and not 50-75% of it like they have been, but all the injuries this early probably buried them too many games back to make up. Who knows though, anything can happen, like I said none of the teams in the West are very good and it could come down to one team getting hot in the last month.

PS - Huston Street for ROY

May 10, 2002
A's suck the season is already over, Texas aint good, they on a 8 game winning streak, they right where they left off last season, i think they definitely taken the west. And once again fuck the A's ownership and general management, there a triple A ball club now, thanks for giving away all our good players.

Apr 25, 2002
Playa510 said:
A's suck the season is already over, Texas aint good, they on a 8 game winning streak, they right where they left off last season, i think they definitely taken the west. And once again fuck the A's ownership and general management, there a triple A ball club now, thanks for giving away all our good players.
Luckily the new owners are already taking steps in the right direction. First day of Lewis Wolff's ownership (which just began right before the season started) they signed Rich Harden to a 4 year deal. Shortly thereafter, they signed Bobby Crosby to a 4 year deal.

The previous owners didn't care about winning or losing, they cared about making a profit and selling the team. The new guy seems to be a "real" owner who is as concerned about winning and not just making money off the team.

Apr 9, 2005
Should of resign Jermaine Dye, and not trade Mark Mulder he's 7-1 with a 3.72 ERA. I dont know what Billy Bean was thinking last offseason

Apr 25, 2002
Makaveli2000 said:
Should of resign Jermaine Dye, and not trade Mark Mulder he's 7-1 with a 3.72 ERA. I dont know what Billy Bean was thinking last offseason
Last season, in the last 3 months, Mark Mulder's ERA was 5+, 6+ and 7+. Mark Mulder is a huge reason why the A's missed the playoffs. If he was consistent and didn't lose every game he pitched for the last 3 months of the season, the A's would have won the division by 5-10 games.

Jermaine Dye was a bust. He was good when he first came to Oakland, then was constantly missing time due to injuries and never returned to form. Because of the contract he had, they would have had to have signed Dye for WAY more than he's worth. They had no choice but to let him walk, signing him would have been a waste of money. Besides, Nick Swisher was already in their plans to be the future right fielder and he was ready for the majors.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Also, so what about mark mulder and tim hudson. Listen to every quote Beane has said about trading those players...its always something like "im doing what i can for the long term"...those two guys are the like the winningest left and right handed pitchers since 2001 or something. theyre gonna wanna be paid, and the A's wouldnt have been able to...so, the did what they could, and got some good young players.

Haren is a really good pitcher, his biggest problem is that late in the game, after pitching 4 or 5 innings, he becomes really predictable.

Blanton doesnt K guys. he just doesnt, so he has to rely on getting ground outs and what not...without run support, thats hard.

as for the rest of the rotation, Harden has some GREAT stuff, and hasnt got much help either. I still have a little faith in Zito.

The A's biggest problem is their offense, obviously...they havent provided the run support the pitching needed. Usually a pretty good fielding team, theyve committed a ton of errors. Chavez will come around, Swisher will pick it up (im hoping, i love watching that guy swing the bat), and hopefully Dan Johnson will do well.

Apr 25, 2002
Hudson didn't want to stay in Oakland anyway. First chance he got he would have jumped ship, so why not invest in 3 players who can play now and will also contribute in 2006 and beyond? Better than letting him walk and getting 1 draft pick next year that won't be ready until 2007/2008/2009.