A's regain first place...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
I cant believe it, i thought the A's for sure drowned themselves last week and the dumb fucken Angels let us back in, the next series with eachother aint critical but if someone gets swept it will be major. Im just hoping Harden makes it back for the Angels series.

May 6, 2002
Great first game match up.
Colon vs Zito

The Angels play like crap sometimes. To the point that not even our pitching can win the game for us.

We went from being 3.5 up, to not even leading the wild card.
Just shameful.

Apr 25, 2002
Crosby and Kotsay are day-to-day, hopefully they'll be back soon... Losing them for an extended period of time would probably hurt more than missing Harden every 5 days. Remember what happened last time Crosby was out... (Hint: MAY 2005 HAPPENED.) There hasn't been an announcement yet but Freddie Bynum (IF/OF/Utility) was called up from AAA so it might be kinda serious...

Aside from the standings, I'm impressed that a team that has so many rookies is leading the Angels in just about every single hitting/pitching category you can think of...

After Danny Haren's win today, all of the A's starters have an ERA of under 4. That's fucking ridiculous. Barry Zito has come back to Cy Young form after a bad season last year, Rich Harden is only 23 years old and has the #2 ERA in the league behind Roy Halladay, Danny Haren has never pitched a full season, Joe Blanton is a rookie, and Kirk Saarloos wasn't even expected to make the rotation coming into Spring Training (favorites for the slot were Etherton/Meyer/Yabu.)

The A's 5-man rotation is the best in the AL.

Apr 25, 2002
714KaliHydro said:
The Angels play like crap sometimes. To the point that not even our pitching can win the game for us.

We went from being 3.5 up, to not even leading the wild card.
Just shameful.
It's playing like crap... It's having all hackers and nobody that can get on base... It's the management too... Erstad should not hit third, Cabrera should not hit second... If I wrote the lineup it would be something like this:

Figgins (S) 3B (Good at leadoff, puts pressure on defense w/speed, can steal bases)
Kennedy (L) 2B (Highest OBP on the team, WTF is he batting 9th for)
Vlad (R) RF (Gets him up in the first inning so + more AB's)
GA (L) DH (Considering he's healthy...)
Molina (R) C
Kotchman (L) 1B
Rivera (R) LF
Erstad (L) CF
Cabrera (R) SS

Yes that means benching Finley and putting Erstad back out in CF... I know Scioscia loves Finley for some reason (maybe cuz they're both ex-Dodgers) but if you keep putting him out there waiting for him to "get out of his funk" in the middle of a pennant race you're going to lose. This lineup would also mix up the L/R so you can put more pressure on the other team late in the game and make them overuse their bullpen.

And WTF is Scioscia doing having the best hitter on the team bunt with only 6 outs left in a road game?

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah, 5th win a in row yesterday and with Tampa Bay sweeping the Angels (can't believe y'all didn't even win one), we're right back into the thick of things...very tough week comin' up ahead though with the Angels/Yankees...There's gonna be a lot movement in the standings...

Apr 25, 2002
A's win 10-5, Ellis homers for the 4th time in 5 games... That's 54 runs for the A's in the last 6 games... 10+ in each of the past 3... The A's are 1.0 game up going into Anaheim tomorrow.

Apr 25, 2002
Hope you all watched it... Two of the best pitchers in the AL going head to head and pitching what would normally be complete games... That's one of the best pitched games you'll see all year in either league if not THE best...
Zito
9 IP, 3 H, 2 BB, 1 ER, 9 SO

Colon
9.1 IP, 6 H, 1 BB, 1 ER, 3 SO

Plus the two young closers pitching... The reigning AL MVP up with 2 outs and 2 on... Classic.

Apr 25, 2002
I gotta say... I was SO FUCKING HAPPY that Kielty hit that off K-Rod... Not just because of the win... But because K-Rod is so fucking immature... With his gay ass celebration dances and shit like he's always out there pitching game 7 of the World Series... He pulled that shit after Swisher struck out just because HE HELD THE TIE... Ridiculous... Then Kielty comes in who's hitting like .200 off righties, puts one 15 rows deep and puts "K" Rod in his place... Classic...

Then Street comes in and shatters the reigning AL MVP's bat to end the game... Francisco needs to watch Street and take notes on how to pitch AND on how to behave...

Jan 4, 2003
great W last night.. Bad news is Crosby is on the DL again with a broken ankle...Scutaro needs to step it up now! So 15-day DL for Bobby

Apr 25, 2002
G-Dubb said:
I gotta say... I was SO FUCKING HAPPY that Kielty hit that off K-Rod... Not just because of the win... But because K-Rod is so fucking immature... With his gay ass celebration dances and shit like he's always out there pitching game 7 of the World Series... He pulled that shit after Swisher struck out just because HE HELD THE TIE... Ridiculous... Then Kielty comes in who's hitting like .200 off righties, puts one 15 rows deep and puts "K" Rod in his place... Classic...

Then Street comes in and shatters the reigning AL MVP's bat to end the game... Francisco needs to watch Street and take notes on how to pitch AND on how to behave...
Yeah, that's exactly how I felt on his behavior. Serves him right... :cheeky:

May 6, 2002
Everyone is always hatin' on K-Rod.
It just shows how much he cares about the game and doesn't just pitch for a payroll.

I wouldn't trade K-Rod for any other closer in the game, not even for Mo.

He played his role tonight and closed the game.

I do understand if I was on the opposing end, watching K-Rod flaunt and brag after every out, and epsecially after closing the game. I would be pissed too.

May 10, 2002
FUCKEN A'S CAN NEVER GET THE BIG HIT AGAINST GOOD TEAMS IT SEEMS LIKE, ITS LIKE WHEN THEY FACE A GOOD PITCHER THEY JUST FOLD AND DONT SWING THAT AGGRESIVELY. THEY SHOULD HAVE WON TONIGHT BUT OBVIOUSLY THEY ONLY BROUGHT IN ONE RUN AND I CANT COUNT HOW MANY WARNING TRACK FLY BALLS THEY HAD FUCK.

Apr 25, 2002
Playa510 said:
FUCKEN A'S CAN NEVER GET THE BIG HIT AGAINST GOOD TEAMS IT SEEMS LIKE, ITS LIKE WHEN THEY FACE A GOOD PITCHER THEY JUST FOLD AND DONT SWING THAT AGGRESIVELY. THEY SHOULD HAVE WON TONIGHT BUT OBVIOUSLY THEY ONLY BROUGHT IN ONE RUN AND I CANT COUNT HOW MANY WARNING TRACK FLY BALLS THEY HAD FUCK.
Actually tonight it was their aggressiveness that helped to lose the game. They have been too aggressive lately, especially Swisher and Chavez (the 2 guys with the most RBI's on the team.)

Apr 25, 2002
714KaliHydro said:
Everyone is always hatin' on K-Rod.
It just shows how much he cares about the game and doesn't just pitch for a payroll.

I wouldn't trade K-Rod for any other closer in the game, not even for Mo.

He played his role tonight and closed the game.

I do understand if I was on the opposing end, watching K-Rod flaunt and brag after every out, and epsecially after closing the game. I would be pissed too.
K-Rod pitches for his own ego... He's caught up in his own hype and it's showing. He's a ticking time bomb... He needs to learn some control or a new pitch and fast... In his last 10 games he has an ERA of over 5.50 and he's not showing any signs of improvement...

There are a handful of closers I'd trade K-Rod for... Street is one of them... Street will be 10 times the closer K-Rod is.