Art Shell interview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_4077093
Good read for my fellow Raider fans..

Shell is so much better spoken than Norv. I couldn't sit a minute through one of Norv's interviews or press conferences with his annoying ass voice and stupid mumbo jumbo he rambled about. Every time Shell talks about the team he gets me pumped..I hope he has the same inpact on players during game day.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
lol.....I saw a low budget ad that art shell was doing for broadway GMC in oakland....dood was stumbling over his lines and looked like he was reading from a cue card on the side of the camera....

Anyways, that was a good read....got me excited about the football season....well I already was, but now I'm more excited.....and you're right, Norv Turner was a weak speaker....I always thought he was gonna fall asleep during his interviews

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Before the Oakland Raiders even arrive at their first training camp in Art Shell's second stint as coach, it's clear that few jobs are safe.

Shell has already penciled in two rookies as starters -- second-round pick Thomas Howard at outside linebacker and third-round selection Paul McQuistan at right guard. First-round pick Michael Huff is also in the mix at safety.

The changes are necessary after the team posted its third straight losing season for the first time in owner Al Davis' 43-year tenure.

"I want the best football players out there," Shell said. "In this league you can play with young guys if the guy has talent. They're going to make some mistakes, but you can live with them if they make them aggressively."

Shell also coached the Raiders from 1989-1994, going 54-38 during the regular season while leading the team to the AFC championship game following the 1990 season. The team has had only three winning seasons since Shell was fired -- one less than he had in five full seasons as coach.

"These guys are tired of losing and want to be part of a winning program," Shell said. "The work ethic this offseason shows they are on board and want to win. That's what they are here for."