Arroz Amarillo

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 1, 2006
There is absolutely nothing in life better than home cooked arroz amarillo. I just cooked up a skillet, and I must say - everything is right in the world.

It's so cheap to make. With ten bucks you can make a pot that lasts the whole week. And I've never really had a bad batch. Well except from the argentinian dogs, but who cares about them? Argentina isn't really hispanic anyway, they wish they were german. Dogs.

I make mine by frying some annato seeds, and then coating the rice in the leftover oil. Then I add chicken broth, sofrito, fried onions, peas, and black beans. Simmer the liquid off and then let sit for 20 minutes, sovered on low heat. No effort needed.

Jun 23, 2003
I am not familiar with what you are refering too. I'm into hispanic foods as much as possible but never heard of this. Is this a soup or like a dish. I like the sound of the ingredients though.

Is this a texas dish or what.

Sounds kinda tastey.

Jun 23, 2003
That shit looks like texas flag. LOL good eye.

I bet that shit is spicy then.

HIs SN cracks me up. Por la fuerza!

My typing skills are shot righ tnow. had a few 2 manyie beers.

Nov 1, 2005
azryda420 said:
That shit looks like texas flag. LOL good eye.

I bet that shit is spicy then.
lol..i meant hes from chile..not that he eats chiles...lol...that sofrito be making everything yellow huh?my puerto rican homie uses that on everything..and its all yellow..

Jan 1, 2006
surcaliman said:
lol..i meant hes from chile..not that he eats chiles...lol...that sofrito be making everything yellow huh?my puerto rican homie uses that on everything..and its all yellow..

Hell yeah, the sofrito gives the flavor. I'm not too much into arroz cubano because it's just like chinese restaurant white rice. I like my food with a lot of soul to it.

But yeah, arroz amarillo is the spanish rice. Make it yourselves, it's easy as fuck - don't buy that whitewashed goya bullshit. That's something a faggot ass argentinian would eat.