Arnold Schwarzenegger: Eddie Murphy 'loves' the idea for 'Triplets'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 26, 2014

Arnold Schwarzenegger was recently in New York to attend the world premiere of his low-budget horror film Maggie at the Tribeca Film Festival. But the Terminator star also chatted with EW about two forthcoming and, presumably, much more lavishly-priced ventures: comedy sequel Triplets, which is set to star the Austrian actor, Danny DeVito and Eddie Murphy, and The Legend of Conan, which will find Schwarzenegger playing Mr. the Barbarian for the first time since 1984’s Conan the Destroyer.

“I know Eddie and we’ve talked about it,” the actor said about Triplets, a sequel to the 1988 comedy Twins. “He’s fantastic. The thing is, it’s all about, ‘How much do you love the project?’ Danny loved the idea, Eddie loves the idea, so they’re going to be 100 percent behind it and 100 percent in their roles. Eddie will be very funny.”

When EW asked about the current status of Legend of Conan, Schwarzenegger explained that he was waiting for the final rewrites. “They want to film it in the fall,” he continued. “I don’t know if I will then have the time to film it, but we will sort that out within the next month or two. I can tell you is that it’s unbelievably well written. They’re still tweaking the end but it’s going to be very very powerful. What’s important on this project is they don’t look at it like, ‘Oh this is kind of a sword movie, where they just kill each other, and let’s write it off as a b-action movie.’ They treat it as like, ‘This is a very important movie for us, and we want to make a lot of money with this, it has to be the best quality.’ So the way they treat it is different than in the old days. Now, they see that it is one of those event movies that can come out in the summer and they treat it totally differently.”

Indeed, there are rumors that Legend of Conan will be the first of a trilogy. “That I did not know,” said Schwarzenegger. “I never heard that, no. Even though that is a popular thing to do: ‘Why doin’t we just shoot all 12 movies together! Let’s just go on the set now and stay there for the next 18 years!’”

You can read more from Schwarzenegger in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, out May 8. And you can see the trailer for Maggie (also, out May 8) below.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Eddie Murphy 'loves' the idea for 'Triplets' | EW.com