Are you in a Union?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
fuck a union! i've been working at safeway for almost 3 years and the fuckin union is bullshit. yeah theres benefits and you cant get fired for nothing but fuck'em. Because they laid down and took it in the ass last time our contract was up for discussion we got lower pay (new hires and people who were hired after a certain date, which i got hired 2 MONTHS after that date, horse shit!) it takes about 3 times longer to get raises, fucking us over on sunday AND HOLIDAY pay. not to mention i have to pay those fuckers about 50 bucks a month. So fuck them and fuck JIMMY HOFFA!!!!! LOL

but my dads union is the shit, if it wasnt for his job i would have junk ass health insurance.

Apr 25, 2002
The only thing more of a joke than Unions are Union reps. They put all these ideas into employees heads about things they can get them, what they can do for them, etc. and then it just results in disappointed and ticked off employees when those things don't come to fruition.

C

CcytzO_Loc

i worked for Ford Motor Company as a seasonal temp and i think the Union can be a pretty damn good thing....they take a lil money from you but its worth it in the long run....some of the permanants i worked wit would a got fired years ago and wouldnt have a job still if it wasnt for the Union protectin them,....i knew a foo that would get perked as fucc on his lunch break and the supervisors knew about it.....i overheard them havin a convo about it and they were sayin how it was pointless to do anything about the guy cuz he had an alcohol problem and hed jus get a medical leave for rehab and get paid for it.......and the Union would bacc him up the whole way......if your a boss/supervisor though thas a good reason why Union succs.....

Plus if you lose your job especially from a layoff its hella easy to get on Unemployment benefits.....the Union gave me a lil paper to fill out and send to EDD and i got my shit no problem.....

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
LMD1510 said:
The only thing more of a joke than Unions are Union reps. They put all these ideas into employees heads about things they can get them, what they can do for them, etc. and then it just results in disappointed and ticked off employees when those things don't come to fruition.

VERY TRUE. they love to talk about how big their dick is.

C

CcytzO_Loc

^i dont know what union your a part of but id separate myself from it asap if i were you.....

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Lamberto Quintero said:
No I'm not, but why don't you like the union you're about to join? Is it just that specific union, or are you completely anti-unions? I'm just wondering...
They're incredible for the working class, but I'm one of those Dreamer-Conservatives who hopes to strike it rich one day, become White Collar, own my own business, etc. I like the idea of having complete control. Maybe I'll change my ways after joining.....who knows?

If it makes people happier, I'm all for it. I'll watch everybody's back if they'll watch mine, regardless of my personal politics. I wouldn't have taken the job otherwise.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
Dirty Shoez said:
They're incredible for the working class, but I'm one of those Dreamer-Conservatives who hopes to strike it rich one day, become White Collar, own my own business, etc. I like the idea of having complete control. Maybe I'll change my ways after joining.....who knows?

If it makes people happier, I'm all for it. I'll watch everybody's back if they'll watch mine, regardless of my personal politics. I wouldn't have taken the job otherwise.
Yeah, you share that dream with plenty of working class people. But, the fact is that not everyone can accomplish it (hardly anyone), therefore having unions is supposed to protect the rights of those who don't accomplish the dream (pretty much everyone). While some unions do hold true to what they're supposed to do, time and time again I hear people talking shit about their unions. Unions were strong in the early part of the 1900's in the US because of the IWW and other organizations at the time, but unions now aren't really shit in the large scope of things, even the NFA hasn't really done shit at all lately. It is really sad that things are this way now...

Edit: Ahh fuck, I'm high and I just realized this thread is in the open forum and not the GOM. Oh well, I gave a GOM-type response, but I'm not gonna delete it...