Are the warriors headed in the right direction ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 19, 2003
what do yall think about chris mullin firing eirc mussleman and getitn mike montgomery.... Also what do you think about him demoting gary st jean from general manager.

I dunno if i agree with the coach change but i hella agree with lettin gay st jean go, that guy was horrible. He was the main reason alot of shit went wrong with the warriors. I think mullin has the best shot of turning around the warriors than anyone when it comes to front office descisions because mullin is a die hard warrior, he's been with us since when he first played. He really cares about making the team better

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
it's too early to tell if they are headed in the right direction right now.........we'll see this summer what Mullin really does with the team, such as the draft and trading this summer. as for St. Genius, i feel his job was like the President of the United States, he was damned if he do, damned if he don't........of course some of it was some of his fault, but i bet everyone was in his ear, and he just didn't have enough knowledge of what to do..........yes, the warriors made some bad moves in the past........but it's over and done with.........ever since Webber left, it's been pretty bad. BUT.......in those days, u had to stick by your coach (nelly) and couldn't fire the coach becuse the player didn't like him, unlike these days where that's and everyday thing. and with Spree choaking PJ, i mean, how is it gonna look if u let PJ go, and keep Spree........Spree needed to get out, and now he's matured and been balling ever since. not drafting Kobe, and getting Todd Fuller, i mean, he was a 20 ppg / 10 rbs per game at NC St. and that's in the tough ACC. and the year before that, KG got drafted at #5, and GS picked Joe Smith with the #1, which was the "safe" pick. smith was a monster his rookie year, but then he stared going to fade away jumpers and u never saw him inside anymore. and KG was not effective until 2 or 3 years later........now he's the MAN, but how about the other 3 teams that passed on him, 76'ers, Portland, and 1 more team........OK ENOUGH OF THE PAST..........

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
i get excited every year.........i was sad when Gil left, but it was for the best. he was a cancer on the team, and how many of his teamates stepped up and said they wanted him to stay with the Warriors ? NONE.........they knew they would never see the ball if he was on the team. Damp is gonna leave, leaving us with Foyle at center. i'm ok with that. Jarron Collins from Utah is a Free Agent and of course is familiar with Montgomery. T Murph will be ok at PF, with Uncle Cliffy and if we re-sign BC that would be nice. I'm not a Dun fan, i don't think he is gonna be the Larry Bird type, MUllin thinks he will be. i want a more athletic player.........Dun looks scared out there, and can't stay with Melo's, Posey's, even Deven George's of the league......ok, maybe that's a stretch. JRich is becoming a more complete player, BUT he will never be able to get to the rim like the premier shooting guards in the league.......he has NO first step a la kobe, rip, etc..........peitrus is a GREAT defender and was showing more offensive skills in the last month of the season. he can guard the other point guards FULL COURT..........speedy is looking like the speedy from his rookie year in Phili.........of course i wish he was a few inches taller, but it's ok, his quickness makes up for it. who knows what NVE is doing, but that game v.s. the Spurs in Oakland when Van Exel went nutz is just an example of what he can do. he was hurt "this whole season" and hopefully if he dosen't walk away from 12 million, we will have him for at least 1 more year, and he would be playing for his contract, so he will play hard.....

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
ok, so now to Montgomery. i just hope the players don't walk ALL over him.......it's a totally different game from college, but if the players listen, and respect him, things might be ok. it's all about RESPECT.........Muss lost that from his players. u have to motiveated these guys, and i think it's hard, because 3/4 of the players are making millions more than the coach, and have the mind frame, why should i listen to him attitude. well that was my lunch break...........lol..........if we pull off something big this summer, i will have to get season tickets.........i went with the lebron 11 game package this year, and then just bought like 10 other games, so hopefully i can get out to a few more this up coming season..............

May 15, 2002
just as long as they get rid of NVE i think its good - i dont see NVE and montgomery getting along. All the other players seem like theyll play their roles

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
ComputerNerd said:
Damp is gonna leave, leaving us with Foyle at center. i'm ok with that........JRich is becoming a more complete player, BUT he will never be able to get to the rim like the premier shooting guards in the league.......he has NO first step a la kobe, rip, etc..........
where do i begin....Foyle is the free agent not Dampier...Damp has a PO which he would be dumb to excersise because he wont see near as much money anywhere else but he is an all star in the east so who knows....as for J Rich not getting to the rack....i dont know what games you watch but hes one of the more explosive players in the league...were you at the suns game where he tea bagged Jahidi White on his way to the rim or the jailblazers game where he threw it down on theo ratliff??? there are countless others but those 2 stick out in my mind... and if Mussleman lost his players like everyone says he did how did the warriors win like 9 in a row in march and finish strong?? saying he lost his players is a cop out for Mullin cuz he HATED Muss...other than that...i pretty much agree with you except i like Dunleavy at the 1 cuz that creates terrible match ups especially when JR and Pete are on the floor with him.....

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
i'm not saying he's not EXPLOSIVE, cuz he is a great TWO foot jumper........but i'm saying i would like to see him going up off of "ONE" foot than that 2 foot plant he does........how many times does he get stripped of the ball....plenty. if he went to the rack with 1 foot, he would get there faster and not get stripped......feel me ?

just becuase j rich dunks a few people dosen't mean nuttin but 2 pts........i'm looking at his WHOLE game, and all those were off the dribble.......i'm talking about triple threat position, squaring up with your man, and then tryign to take him.........he is not able to do that ? and the jahidi white was a put back wasen't it ????? yes foyle is the FA. damp has an option, BUT u think he wants to be here ? he may have to come back due to teams that don't wanna pay him........BUT I DO NO WANT THE WARRIORS TO LOCK HIM UP.........i'm a Damp fan, but would not pay him top dollar, cuz he had 1 good "contract" year.

as for Muss, i had no problem with him, but i don't think it's a cop out......of course mullin didn't liek him, but i'm not really high on Mullin on Dun Jr. nuts.

Dun at the 1 is ok, but he's not the type to push the ball up, such as a real PG. i do like it, cuz it makes Dun choose his shots and not just shoot to just shoot. but as matchup problems, i still think Dun is on every oppenents team locker room board to kill him on offense.........he can't stay with anyone.......

like i said, we will see this summer.............untill then we are in the dark and speculating......