ARE THE SNOOP DOGG, DOGG POUND, AND KURUPT FANS GOING TO SUPPORT SO CAL?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 27, 2005
I was in the BART forums and some nigga's hatin on San Quinn and Yukmouth for supporting and standing behind this So Cal artist. The shit is stupid. Cali is Cali! Cali isnt just Northern Cali and its not just Southern Cali. Its both. And fans seem not to be knowin that shit!

But is there any Kurupt, Dogg Pound, Snoop fans and if so are yall supporting Kurupt's artist Immense. Do anyone think that a Kurupt affiliated artist will do good. The Bay is supporting Immense but I think So Cal need to support an artist from their own region. Is that why the Game went to the Bay because So Cal dont love they own? I dont believe that is the case but I know that some stupid muthafuckaz on here probaly believe sumthin stupid like that. We need to support the real niggas on the West Coast, then they wouldnt have to rely on 50 Cent and Jay-Z to bring them out.

Opinions?

Feb 9, 2006
fuck the bullshit i'm from frisco and i will ALWAYS support so cal artists, if it wasn't for LA ghetto rap might never have been born

Dec 27, 2005
djfreaks said:
/\ WORD.

THE BAY HAS A DIFFERENT SOUND THEN LA.

& PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT SUPPORT & SHOWING LOVE ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS.

I SHOW LOVE TO YUK.
I RESPECT HIM.
BUT I AINT BUYING HIS RECORDS.

why don't Cali people buy albums from Cali artists?
I want the West Coast to come back but I understand that no one will ever pay us attention until the West start racking up some sales. And artists like Daz, Yukmouth, Planet Asia, Mr. Criminal will never get the same respect that an artist like T.I. and Ludacris. Because we don't support our artists and buy their records. Thats why when you turn on the radio you hear all that South shit! (no disrespect to the South)

Mar 28, 2005
djfreaks said:
we dont take E.
we smoke weed.
we dont ride campers on 87 pickups.
we ride chevys on 100 spoke.
lol no offense but all that shit you said THEY do in the STREETS of southern cali.. you just look like a regular whiteboy aint no difference from the whiteboys in the bay and southern cali.. in other words i dont understand the "WE".. its okay to be YOU man..

with that said i fucking hate hyphy music..

Apr 19, 2006
dont act lice people in so cal dont do all of the above fool. speac for yourself not a whole region. and too short has the right to sell out, he gave the westcoast its true synthesizer gangsta func sound, too short was droppin slumpin synth basslines when NWA was still choppin samples and runnin loops, soundin east coast as hell

Aug 23, 2005
Hell Yeah we gone support.Its stand together or the westcoast artist will starve together and fight over the opening scraps of the South and Eastcoast artist.And that aint hard to see or understand.Who coming to yo city to get paided and who opening for them?

Apr 7, 2006
GANXSTA said:
dont act lice people in so cal dont do all of the above fool. speac for yourself not a whole region. and too short has the right to sell out, he gave the westcoast its true synthesizer gangsta func sound, too short was droppin slumpin synth basslines when NWA was still choppin samples and runnin loops, soundin east coast as hell
Amen, brotha

Apr 20, 2005
west coast fans are the only fans that support west coast music. Everybody else in the world buys dirty south albums. The west needs to get with the program and start "selling out" too.

Define selling out. Anybody?

Apr 26, 2006
MOREBASS said:
I support good music.

Exactly. I would SUPPORT any rapper or group if the "sound" of the music itself was dope. I can't stand the beats they make now a days, their all tacky, hi-pitched, super fast, techno-ish, have gay sounds like whistles and what not, I just can't stand behind that $hit, it ain't my style, I wouldn't bump that $hit in my car or home. As a result of having g@y sounding beats, you also get stupid @ss lyrics to go along, that's the problem. I personally want to hear some of the G-ed up $hit come back, more acoustic/organic sound, more piano, synthesizer leads, synthsizer moog style basslines, bass guitar lines, guitar, sampling... that's the style that made the West what it was in the 90's. I was a fan of a lot of hiphop in the 90's, even EastCoast was waaaay better than it is now, $hit like Black Moon, Jeru tha Damaja, Smif-N-Wessun,.... It was HARDER back then, from Coast to Coast and the main ingredient was that the beats themselves were better, more grimey, funky. $hit was dope.

F*ck we need more $hit like this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2JDgac-TmXM

They even sung waaay better back then in hiphop songs. More soul. I miss basslines like that also.

Now $hit like this brings a tear to my eye, f*ck the West was bad as fuck back then! Some real G-Funk $hit, damn!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QT8q9SMYjlw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hetwvFD6vfg - daaaaaamnit!

Need to bring this kind of $hit BACK! Make a sick ass beat and almost always the lyrics themselves will be good as well because the vibe of the beat will bring that soul out. Do you guys REALLY realize how SICK it was back then? I think most don't.

I still bump all this $hit to this day. As of recent though, I've been more active and public about, I bump the $hit out of it in my car to get these youngsters attention. Gotta let them know what's up.

Jun 15, 2005
If Immense is bangin', I'm gonna support him, whether he is a Kurupt artist or not. All that other shit cats are woofin' about west coast this, bay artist that has proven to only drive some of you in circles.