Are gamers getting ripped off this generation?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
heresy was spot on. i fully agree with 1, 2, 4, and 6.

1. they price them like that to sucker people into buying the game new anyways. it looks better for corporate (im guessing) when they sell new shit. but some people think they get a better deal saving some cash on it used (which also looks good to corporate). win/win for them, lose for the consumer.

7. if you think about it, almost every game in a genre is the same damn game and that dates back to sega and even atari. uncharted, assassins creed, batman, all those 3rd person and even first person games are the same damn game. just retold. whats the saying go, "everything you doing has already been done". as long as its not some reswap of the last game i will be happy. different stories, change shit up here and there, add new weapons, scenery, moves, then i cant blame the company. i mean shit, whats the last ground breaking game? GTA3? i really cannot fathom another game that impacted the industry like that one did.

i extra feel the add-on content. thats boolchit to have to pay for something i legally bought. thats like buying a car and having to pay extra to use the cd player. yes, its a luxury add on but what the fuck?

heresy breh, props.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
lol nintendo is the only company that even attempts at treating the consumer fairly and everyone hates on them sayings its kid shit

“When we sell a game, we want the consumer to feel that they’ve had a complete experience. We’re unwilling to sell a piece of a game upfront and, if you will, force a consumer to buy more later. That’s what [Nintendo representatives] don’t want to do, and I completely agree. I think the consumer wants to get, for their money, a complete experience, and then we have opportunities to provide more on top of that.”
http://gamersxtreme.org/2011/11/18/nintendo-stands-tall-against-dlc/

Nov 7, 2006
DLC is a good thing if utilized right though. like a game like GTA5 where they prolly gonna fit a shitload of stuff on that disc. it will be cool to have some DLC later to put even more into the game and give it more replay value. but i see what you're saying about them usuing it just to make an extra buck. i love gears 3 but they really should have made those "dlc" maps free from the start, but they did smarten up and now you get them free on thanksgiving.