arcade stick mod parts

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i use lizardlick.com but they are constantly shutting down their store in order to keep with orders

i was looking to get a new stick. something that is 4 and 8 way adjustable. i like the thought of being able to do both

there is always little things i want to get so it would be nice to have another site as an option in order to get what i want. i dont really trust ebay and things like that, would prefer a legit site.

anybody have any suggestions on a stick? i was going to stick to sanwa but have heard good things seimitsu and happ ones as well. i guess its mostly preference. i usually like a tighter stick so was drawn towards the happ but after using the sanwa for a while i am used to it. the thing people tend to like about seimitsu is the shorter engage.

i wish i could test drive all these parts to see which one i like most.

i know this much the sanwa buttons i put in made a HUGE difference. fuckin hate those mushy ass hori buttons

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
which stick are you trying to mod?

seimitsu stick - sanwa buttons is what the perfered preference is, it's what they use in SBO for a reason.

I'd stay away from Happ unless you're really fond of american style arcade controls. Most arcades that have newer games still use the Happ buttons and sticks but if you've tried to play on them and are used to playing on a hori at home you can tell how complete shit they are. Trying to play BlazBlue on a Happ setup just did not work.

You can try Akihabarashop.jp but they're just like Lizard Lick, they get backed up on orders and close until they're caught up. They sell 4 way, 8 way, and round gates.

If you use SRK or shmups.com you can find some great deals in their trading outlet sections.

Back to Happ sticks, pulling off 360's on them sucks!

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
im coming from using the sf anniversary stick which is american as it gets. knock off happ stick/circle gate and those huge concave buttons. so its an adjustment for me.

the stick i am modding is the one that was pictured above. hori real arcade pro ex

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
check out this guys' work:

Sanwa buttons & stick + PS3/PC/Xbox 360 compatible. Sick Ikaruga stick.

I asked him and he said this stick cost about 310 just because of the cost of this type of wood is more expensive but he could do something with a cheaper wood for around 250. I'm thinking about taking him up on that, just need to find a spendable extra 250 lol.