ANYONE OWNED A DOG AGRESSIVE PIT AND CAN OFFER SOME ADVICE?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 29, 2005
Has anyone had experience with dog aggression in their pit? My pit was really well socialized as a puppy and got along fine with other dogs. When he was just over a year old my brothers pit started a fight with him while they were playing. Since then he has a distrust for other dogs. He will not even give another dog a chance. He's attitude is like, fuck that I'm going to get off before that MF does. It makes it extremely difficult to take him places.

Any advice? My old lady wants to put him down but I just don't have the heart! He is my ace deuce and I can't imagine having to go through that right now!

Took him to the cuts today and had a swim.

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
put a muzzle on him and bring other dogs around him. make sure the other dog got a muzzle on too. and if he tries to dig into the other dog, wrap his feet. leave them together for 30 minutes the first day. and every day increase the amount by 15 minutes. do this for a month, guarunteed you see results fast. also the more dogs the better. just make sure the other dogs dont start a fight again

& yes watch the dog whisperer

Apr 29, 2005
LAZYBOY408 said:
shoot that mafucka.
I want to save this dog if possible. But thanks!

Thanks Trajik. I've gotten the dog whisperers book and dvds, Shoot I even called the guy but he doesn't come up North. But man this dog has a spirit that is unbreakable. He doesn't give a fuck. He don't even like other female dogs. I've got a muzzle for him but he goes even crazier with it on. I'm at a loss man, it sucks. Maybe I need to spend more time getting him comfortable with a muzzle, and try like you said with some well balanced dogs.

I know that the root of the problem is fear based aggression. If I could just find a way to get him over the anxiety of being around other dogs I know he would be ok. But as of right now putting a muzzle on him just makes him worse, he feels more anxious and trapped. His feeling of vulnerability makes him more aggressive.

Thanks again man. All insight is greatly appreciated.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
germmtz said:
I want to save this dog if possible. But thanks!

Thanks Trajik. I've gotten the dog whisperers book and dvds, Shoot I even called the guy but he doesn't come up North. But man this dog has a spirit that is unbreakable. He doesn't give a fuck. He don't even like other female dogs. I've got a muzzle for him but he goes even crazier with it on. I'm at a loss man, it sucks. Maybe I need to spend more time getting him comfortable with a muzzle, and try like you said with some well balanced dogs.

I know that the root of the problem is fear based aggression. If I could just find a way to get him over the anxiety of being around other dogs I know he would be ok. But as of right now putting a muzzle on him just makes him worse, he feels more anxious and trapped. His feeling of vulnerability makes him more aggressive.

Thanks again man. All insight is greatly appreciated.
It more than likely is u that is causing this because of your body language and posture make sure when u do practice with him that u are in a state of calmness but assertive to what your doing, also make sure he gets walked plenty but before that drain his energy so he wont be all hyper when u go out and practice him going around other dogs. I dunno why but mostly all pits have this problem.