anyone listen classical music

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 12, 2002
i took a class 'music in the modern world' in my freshman year of HS... we went over everything from gregorian chant and got up to early classical... then i transferred to a piece of shit HS and missed out on the rest.

I didnt really like it before i took the class, but i definately obtained an appriciation for it; however i have no clue where to direct you to start.

Lots of rap and rock has classical influence, i love a good rap/rock cut with strings.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
YOuNg WiNo said:
like mozart and bethoven ? im kind of intrested in givin it a look any good suggestions ?

i listen to a decent amount of it .. violin concertos are the fucking shit (especially if the right person is playing it). i don't really like the symphony type shit all that much. if you wanna look for some nice violin stuff check for Johanna Martzy, David Oistrakh, Jascha Heifetz etc. for good piano stuff my favorites are Artur Rubenstein, Guiomar Novaes, Martha Argerich etc.

.. also check out some shit from Maurice Andre dude can play the classical trumpet like no one i've ever heard.

May 29, 2002
check out Bolero, thats a great piece. also check out Gershwin rhapsody and blue, thats one of my favorites. technically its not classical but to the averaqge person it sounds like it.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
One of my favorite compositions:
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Requiem in D Minor
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J47DCJ6Z

I can also recommend this fast torrent for a start:
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/29674143/beethoven?tab=summary

You should also check out everything by Johann Sebastian Bach, Antonín Leopold Dvořák ,Antonio Lucio Vivaldi, Edvard Hagerup Grieg, Georg Friedrich Händel, Ludwig Van, Johann Pachelbel, Sergei Wassiljewitsch Rachmaninow, Fryderyk Chopin, Pjotr Iljitsch Tschaikowski and Dmitri Shostakovich!

Mar 18, 2003
Also a fan of Sebastian Bach, favorite being Fugue in G Minor. I took a class on music from the Renaissance, Baroque, Classic/Viennese, Romantic [etc.] era. A lot of good music from those time periods. I like the instruments Bach uses best and his melodies- I think it most closely resembles the music I listen to today.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
Is there a demand for more classical music? I got tons of classical CDs, which i could rip and upload, but there's no point if no one gives a shit.

Jan 28, 2005
I've always been obsessed with Beethoven's Fur Elise. Then again, I think a lot of people have.

Listening to classical music is really good for studying too. There's been a whole book written on the affects music has on the brain.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
Listening to classical music is really good for studying too. There's been a whole book written on the affects music has on the brain.
I play classical music or jazz while studying or reading in general. I can't really focus if theres singing in a language i utterly understand. It always distracts me. Italian, French, Latin or Spanish Singing in an opera or classical piece is ok. Most of the time it's just beautiful sound to me, even though i don't really understand what the lyrics are about. But i think the sound of a voice or instrument alone is enough to really grasp what a composition or opera wants to express.

To the guy who asked what i got: Just about everything by Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, and some CD's by the others i've recommended before. My father was Austrian and used to listen to a lot of classical music, so i grew up with that shit and i got all of my dads cds when he died.
I will try to upload some shit on Sunday or Monday, cause i gotta work tomorrow. If you want something particular, holla

3:00 am bumpin Ludwig Van Beethoven