Anyone getting their Preakness on??????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 15, 2002
www.dankmobb.com
12th Race - Pimlico

1. Big Drama - 10-1
  2. Mine That Bird - 6-1
  3. Musket Man - 8-1
  4. Luv Gov - 50-1
  5. Friesan Fire - 6-1
  6. Terrain - 30-1
  7. Papa Clem - 12-1
  8. General Quarters - 20-1
  9. Pioneer of the Nile - 5-1
  10. Flying Private - 50-1
  11. Take the Points - 30-1
  12. Tone It Down - 50-1
  13. Rachel Alexandra - 8-5

My picks for this race: w/p/s/ = 2/4/9/12/13 & Extacta Box 13 w/ all

Dec 3, 2005
damn i must be blind. i just made a post about this and didnt see yours until right after i posted.

Theyre sayin 30 to 40 percent chance of thunder showers before the race so its tough to call for me. I dont like betting two favorites in an exacta like someone is having me bet for them when i go down to the track. Unless you put it in a Tri with something else you arent gonna make shit. I'll probably just put between 5 and 10 dollars across on a few horses (im thinkin the 9 and the 1 right now) and skip all the exotic wagering. The morning line for the race looked like this:

Dec 3, 2005
from horseraceinsider.com

Rachel Alexandra in DeNile

SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY, May 15, 2009--Speed closest to the rail was very good Friday at Pimlico, but it’s hard to know what to expect this afternoon given an iffy forecast.

Weather handicappers are calling for a 30-40 percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms. It can get awfully humid on May afternoons up on Old Hilltop.

A sealed, sloppy track generally is speed favoring, but a drying track is another animal all together. Just ask many of the Derby horses that left their best efforts in the barn.

Pimlico dries out fairly fast but not as quickly as Churchill Downs. Going to school on the early races is never a bad idea, especially given these circumstances.

For the record, we believe that Pioneerof The Nile is the most logical winner, followed by the Oaks and Derby winners, Rachel Alexandra and Mine That Bird, respectively.

The filly has the most talent and could win this easily. If this were the Belmont field three weeks from now, she would be the top selection. We’re just not buying today’s scenario.

The following is the basic structure for what my multiple pool wagers will look like:

TOP Tier: PIONEEROF THE NILE

SECOND Tier: RACHEL ALEXANDRA, MINE THAT BIRD, FRIESAN FIRE, BIG DRAMA

THIRD Tier: TAKE THE POINTS

FOURTH or FIFTH Tier: FLYING PRIVATE, MUSKET MAN, PAPA CLEM

Rules of Play: A horse cannot move up more than one level. In that case, Flying Private can be used on the third tier, not the second; Take The Points can be on the second level but not the top. All horses may be used in any lowered-tiered position.

If early line odds hold, I will key Pioneerof The Nile first and second with the four horses on the second tier in trifectas and superfectas. I will also switch the second and third levels with each other, and the third and fourth levels with each other.

I will also make a five-horse exacta box of the first and second tier horses. If the filly doesn’t finish first or second, the payoffs will blow up exponentially. I will add Take The Points to the bottom of the exacta.

Horses considered for win wagering; value only. Pioneerof The Nile, a minimum of 5-1. I would need 8-1 or greater on Friesan Fire. At least 5-1 or Mine That Bird.

Written by John Pricci