anybody try limera1n or greenpois0n to jailbreak iPhone

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 23, 2002
DROID MOB!

just kidding. I heard the lime ra1n sucks and has so many problems its more worth it for greenpois0n.

I like both iphone and android. Just gave up my iphone after a long time for an android in july.

FatBlunts209

2 SWISHERS = 1 BLUNT
Feb 21, 2008
STOcKTON

i used this ^^^ right now im looking for something thats gonna jailbreak on firmware 4.0.2..but i might have to try what you mentioned if its gonna let you update while jailbroken thats dope.

Sep 14, 2010
Yea i used Limera1n. It worked well for me. Some people reported problems but it worked fine for me outside of a few minor bugs that didnt hurt the overall experience and seemed to fix themselves. Im on Ipod Touch 4g 4.1 firmware.

As for Payasos question. Jailbreaks allow you to get emulators and games for NES, SNES, Gameboy Advance, etc.. working on your ipod.

As well as add new features that apple didnt include on your ipod and if you know what your doing you can get all the Itunes app store apps free illegally yes but free.

Dec 4, 2004
Already talking about this in the iPhone thread. I jailbroke on Saturday using limera1n and my phone has been running fine. There's no such thing as a permanent jailbreak... 4.2 is coming in November.

Dec 4, 2004
they got released over the weekend Geohots exploit supposedly makes your iPhone permanently jailbroken and you can even update with itunes firmware and it stays jailbroken
wow I did a lil research and you're right about one thing. The chronic dev teams jailbreak (Greenp0ison) was gonna use something called the SHAtter exploit which was a hardware jailbreak..

So yes it was gonna be a permanent jailbreak for all iPhones, iPods and even the New Apple TV. that's the one I had read about that was dropping on 10.10.10. But since they gave an ETA on the jailbreak geohot came in and said he was coming out with limera1n which doesn't use SHAtter but uses another exploit (not permanent). So he came in, released his jb first an stole their thunder and forced the chronic dev team to use his exploit or their SHAtter one would go to waste. Cause then Apple could just patch both exploits. Nerd drama!!!!