Anybody here ever worked for a union?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 15, 2002
SHIT THE UNION BEEN GREAT TO ME. LOCAL 6,I.L.W.U. IN THE TOWN. I PAY $42,IN DUES. INITIATION OF 100,GET PAID GOOD MONEY BECAUSE OF THE UNION.THE UNION PROTECTS YOUR JOB AND YOU .THEY MAKE SURE YOU GET YO MONEY AND BENEFITS.

May 23, 2002
Unions are cool when they come to not getting fired and shit, but the one i belong to SUCKS MAJOR BALLS...our benifits at work suck shit...i have to pay $68 a month...almost $300 for intiation...right now, we're on the verge of a strike...we were supposed to walk on AUG. 1 regardless of where we were on our negotiations....aug 1 came around and the union hadn't told us shit...we've been working without a contract for almost a month now...they go into negotiations and don't inform us o what's going on...

i guess the unions are good depending on what field of work you're in...it's good as far as job protection, but they just aren't doing much for us as far as negotations...

when i worked for UPS, the unions were real good, benifits and everything were kick ass...i loved the union when i worked for them, but as far as a mechanic, the union SUCKS!...