ANYBODY ELSE TIRED OF MIXTAPES

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
im tired of it.

the bay swapped quality compilations for mixtapes.
there's one thing in showing your lyrical talent but it doesnt show ur musical character/idenity when u rhymin over someone else's beat.. especially when the lyrcis arent anything special...

i used to enjoy waiting on Bay artists CDs especially cuz they were top notch when they finally did drop. Now all these recycled verses, fake features just water it down... then folks wonder why downloading is @ an all time high. MF's back in the day u bragged about having a legit copy of a bay cd, i dont hear too much of that goin on these days

Apr 19, 2006
I LIKE MIXTAPES TOO, GOOD MIXTAPES. BUT ARTISTS ARE JUST THROWIN SHIT TOGETHER THAT AINT EVEN TIGHT, THATS WHAT I DON'T LIKE. AND AS FOR GIVING US A TASTE OF THEIR MUSIC, DROP AN ALBUM!!!!! THATS A TASTE, FEEL ME? JUST MY OPINON.....

Aug 7, 2003
mixtapes would be listenable if there was no DJ voice overs. they like dj whoo kid, buy my album- june 2006. its like advertisement for them over a song. i might as well go sell cds for them and let them make the money off it. its lame, they are using listeners as advertisements.

May 30, 2006
The mixtape game iz way oversaturated but so were comps a few yearz back. U just gotta know which onez 2 get & which onez 2 avoid. Sometimez it can be diffacult when u see the same trackz on different mixtapez but comps use 2 pull the same shit.

I love mixtapes cuz I can hear my fav artist in between cd's. They're usually very cheap & the artist can say what ever they want without industry politics dictating they're image, lyrics, etc. Some of the best diss trackz ever are on mixtapez & because of polotics the song would probably never make the final cut of being on an actual LP.

Jun 2, 2002
the mixtape craze isn't even where it was about 2 years back. it's the same with the compilations...some good ones come out, so everybody thinks they can make a hot 1. more competition results in more clutter, but it should also encourage artists to step they're game up!!! just cuz somebody makes it, doesn't mean u gotta listen to it...

May 5, 2005
The bay is late as hell with the whole mixtape thing , cats back east been doing this shit for years and the bay acts like its a new phenomenon. Shit is so god damn played out and over saturated. It's ridiculous. I hate mixtapes. 9 times out of 10 the quality is trash. Most bay rappers dont have the MC skills to even do a proper mix tape anyways. Scraper this scraper that, purple this purple that. Dont cut it.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
I think in some cases mixtapes can lower my opinion of an artist. For example The Game seemingly releasing 100 very average not-quite-proper-albums made me not even check for him any more.

Dec 4, 2004
yep....bored of them myself. only a select few make quality mixtapes, others just put out half assed shit and thats the majority of whats out there.

Jun 4, 2004
Doc Truth said:
The bay is late as hell with the whole mixtape thing , cats back east been doing this shit for years and the bay acts like its a new phenomenon. Shit is so god damn played out and over saturated. It's ridiculous. I hate mixtapes. 9 times out of 10 the quality is trash. Most bay rappers dont have the MC skills to even do a proper mix tape anyways. Scraper this scraper that, purple this purple that. Dont cut it.
haha for real, how many different ways can they can rap about hyphy

Nov 15, 2004
if it's a good mix of new fire & songs/singles from shitty overall albums that i wouldn't want to buy, then i think it's a good mixtape. otherwise i think it blows.