any R/C car people in here?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 22, 2006
i bought a traxxas slash before xmas cuz it was a good deal. I only drove it once n now its sitting n my garage. Ill prolly give it to my homies son

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
There used to be a website where a guy was building and selling all sorts of different R/C lowriders at different price points. A bottom model would just hop, and a top of the line was a bigger vehicle wire with lights, sound, and a video screen, all types of bells and whistles.

I remember there used to be a guy that would set up a booth at car shows around here, usually at the Good Guys Show's that custom built lowrider frames that fit underneath model cars. You could either buy the frame and build whatever kit you wanted, or pay him and he'd build you pretty much whatever you wanted in your colors and stuff. Havent seen that guy for many years now.

I had the Radio Shack Lowrider R/C when they came out, probably around 2000 or so...It was a pretty cool toy, drove nice too, I remember if you took the rubber off the back rims it whipped awesome donuts, lol.

I have a coworker that's super into R/C cars, he has a couple with the super fast brushless motors, those things are fast as shit. It's a cool hobby, just not my thing no I don't think. I have been thinking about getting back into building model cars in my free time though.

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I used to have a couple when I was like 7-10 years old. There was a couple of tracks in the San Jose/Milpitas area that had indoor tracks that we used to race at and stuff. I think my dad still has my old truck but I'm sure that thing is crazy slow by today's standards. Some of those gas r/c cars go like 70mph