Any Legit Tattoo Artists ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
So Ive tattooed friends and family as a hobby.. everythings been clean so dont preach. My question is whats the best way to go legit..Im a disabled vet and pretty much limited to what i can do, im starting voc rehab and got to thinking of shit i like to do and could live with myself if i turned it into a profession. Whats the best way for me to go about an apprentiship? approaching an artist and what not..appriciate any input.

Dec 11, 2006
find your favorite tattoo shop where u feel u could spend all ur time n b comfortable. then find your favorite artist there with a good work ethic and usually a lot of experiance.
feel him out and see if u could be up his ass for months or even a year. then find out if he will let u apprentice and ask for more info on it. usually u might have to be a shop hand for a while

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
your going to need a portfolio and that certificate for working with blood i do believe. i cant find the website but its like $25 and you take an online test. you pass, they mail it to you. bring all that to a local tat shop and if they like you they have you be an apprentice and do work for free..bottom feed shit but at least your foots in the door. its a process that doesnt happen over night unless you know someone

i dont think this is the site but check it

http://www.compliancetrainingonline.com/body_art_bloodborne_pathogens.cfm