any 1 ever took tha G.E.D. test???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
SplitPersons_00 said:
when in doubt choose "C"....................

if it's anything like the SAT...don't choose something random when in doubt.....my sister took it, and passed....and when she took it, she wasn't the brightest crayon in the box......you should be fine as long as you've studied the material.....good luck!

M

MrFreeze

my boy passed that shit and hes not exactly the smartest person i know so im pretty sure its easy.

Apr 25, 2002
n
First of all, the hardest parts are gonna be the Math and the Reading sections. The math, 25 questions you are allowed to use the calculator (and you will have to for these questions) and 25 without a calculator. Learn how to use the calculator if you don't already know.
The reading you're going to have to interpret poetry. That's some hard shit when it's multiple choice and there's only 1 right answer. So good luck.
The essay they will give you a random topic...mine was "talk about a special moment in your life". That should be easy if you have any writing talent.
The science is pretty much reading comprehension.
And social studies, you have to look at a lot of graphs and determine what they mean. It's pretty easy.
Overall you have to get 410 out of 800 to pass, which islike 52%. But even if you get 100% on all of them but then get a 50% on one of them you don't pass. Fortunately, You only have to retake the part you didn't pass, and that will only cost you 15 dollars, but you got to wait 6 months to take it again. I reccomend you study hard tonight, go to bed at a reasonable hour, wake up early and eat good. You'll prolly be fine. Good luck.

Apr 25, 2002
YoungB said:
First of all, the hardest parts are gonna be the Math and the Reading sections. The math, 25 questions you are allowed to use the calculator (and you will have to for these questions) and 25 without a calculator. Learn how to use the calculator if you don't already know.
The reading you're going to have to interpret poetry. That's some hard shit when it's multiple choice and there's only 1 right answer. So good luck.
The essay they will give you a random topic...mine was "talk about a special moment in your life". That should be easy if you have any writing talent.
The science is pretty much reading comprehension.
And social studies, you have to look at a lot of graphs and determine what they mean. It's pretty easy.
Overall you have to get 410 out of 800 to pass, which islike 52%. But even if you get 100% on all of them but then get a 50% on one of them you don't pass. Fortunately, You only have to retake the part you didn't pass, and that will only cost you 15 dollars, but you got to wait 6 months to take it again. I reccomend you study hard tonight, go to bed at a reasonable hour, wake up early and eat good. You'll prolly be fine. Good luck.
they didnt let me use a calculator, i didnt have to interpret no poetry either.

Apr 25, 2002
n
well I'm instucting kids classes this year for a little extra dough, and this 2002 GED is different. I took it in 2000 and it was easy, but they changed the whole format this year. Prolly as an experiment or some shit.

Apr 25, 2002
fuck...i aint shit when it comez to spelling...or writing...tha rest im sure aint no thang...but thankz for tha lookin out ta all tha homiez that responded...ill post up soon sayin how i did even if you dont give a fuck:D LOL...$idewayz

~*MR. TYPCEE*~

C

CinFul-1

No Lie, I took that test the morning after droppin Acid, I went to that test off liquor and smoked some weed, that was like 8-9 years ago though and I passed that shit hella good, was 81 out of 84 on the Social science part, I was a Sav on it, it's easy. I think everyone should take that test and head to College dont waste time on stupid High School

Apr 25, 2002
www.dreamtdk.com
I still need to take mine, but Ive been thinking of taking this test instead www.chspe.com , it says its the equivalent of a diploma but I wonder if its as credible as a GED, still it seems alot easier with 100 multiple choice questions and a essay, as for the GED I found a site with a free practice test http://www.4tests.com/exams/examdetail.asp?eid=38 I think you gotta be a member to take it tho....

Apr 25, 2002
Yea I took the CHSPE last year and failed it. Its funny though cause I knew all the shit but I choked cause I was nervous and just sped through it. What a waste of 50 bucks! Anyway I still need to go for the GED as well.

Advice to those taking the CHSPE(california high school proficiency exam)

#1 - It not a full diploma, its only valid in the state of california.

#2 - Read the questions very carefully! Alot of them give away the answer in the question.

#3 - The essay is probably one of the hardest parts I think so be prepared on how to write an essay correctly.

#4 - Take your mutha fuckin time! DO NOT RUSH THROUGH IT!

GOOD LUCK ! ! ! !

PLOT

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I took that a few years back and it was pretty easy. They just changed the test a little while back so I dont know how hard it is now......

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
You gotta be pretty fuckin' "un-intelligent" (really wanted to say STUPID....but I don't want to offend anybody) not to pass the GED mayn. I dropped out my sophomore year and took my GED and they told me that my scores were higher than the average high school graduate......crazy, huh? I got 100% on 3 of them.

Anywayz.....unless things have changed drastically.....the only thing I found remotely challenging was the essay. But that's because I had to write about some dumbshit.......something like "Why should the city fund the parks department?" Something like that.......it was HELLA stupid.

C

CinFul-1

CinFul-1 said:
No Lie, I took that test the morning after droppin Acid, I went to that test off liquor and smoked some weed, that was like 8-9 years ago though and I passed that shit hella good, was 81 out of 84 on the Social science part, I was a Sav on it, it's easy. I think everyone should take that test and head to College dont waste time on stupid High School
I forgot to add I did not know I was taking the test that day I was partying and got a call that said I needed to take my test that day, I tripped, but that shit was hella eazy lit, I 6th grader could pass it!!!!!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
Anywayz.....unless things have changed drastically.....the only thing I found remotely challenging was the essay. But that's because I had to write about some dumbshit.......something like "Why should the city fund the parks department?" Something like that.......it was HELLA stupid.
@D...ey bruh...i heard they changed that shit after '02...said some shit bout it bein like 4 timez harder...just gitz you worried when you tryna do good after fuckin up so bad and realizing....your whole future dependz on this bitch...too dramatic? dunno...but i wuz just wantin ta ask some vetz cuz tha curiousity wuz kinda buildin up inta nervousness....but as for your first half of tha post...aint nobody talkin bout failin it and bein stupid and all that drama...$idewayz

~*MR. TYPCEE*~