antonio bryant signs wid the 9ers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
from 49ersnews.com

Update: 6:45 - Antonio Bryant has been signed. No word yet on length of deal.
Update: 5:30 - We learned earlier this afternoon that the 49ers and Antonio Bryant are close on a deal. Both parties are trying to reach an agreement at this time.

Of course as everyone already knows, Bryant is in town. No contract has been signed at this time. The Niners are very interested. It is believed Nolan wanted to meet him face-to-face before deciding whether to pursue him, because there are some character issues.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
lol that would be a bad move, technically, you would be replacing 1 player with another just like him, Jamaal Lewis seems washed up and injuries have severly slowed him down, Y not Mike Anderson? I did hear that they are considering signing Charles Woodson (bad move imo), Ike Taylor of the Steelers(Restricted Free Agent), or Ricky Manning Jr of tha Panthers (Restricted Free Agent) I think outta those 3, Ricky Manning would be a great pickup, hes young and has alotta talent.

Feb 7, 2006
haha jamal came outta jail last season and the o as a whole struggled..the year before he wasn't 100% and still got 1000 yards..and i just heard the ravens scooped anderson..cwood imo is like plummer and manning jr would be good

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
He is known for his attitude, but officials are saying hes been acting better since being traded from Dallas...but then again, who knows, its still a great pickup, and a huge upgrade from Lloyd

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
2 be honest, ive given up on Woods, hes been getting way more money than he deserves, he doesnt seem to have heart

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
And Alex Smith should be better with some weapons, a good O coordinator, and his O line should be better, With a healthy Newberry, Jennings, we should have 2 good anchors, + baas is looking real good, and Clement is gone , I think that Harris needs to be benched, he is the weak link and cant matchup well against most Dlinemen

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
im so happy im cryin, i woulda liked to see givens come too through though. if bryant can keep the right attitude he could be a star in the league.

Mar 7, 2006
Sorry, I won't believe it til I see it somewhere official. I sure hope he does sign because that dude can gain yards after catch and is more physical than Lloyd. With Jerry Sullivan coaching him, I can see him having a breakout year with the niners.

May 2, 2002
As I said in the other thread...Bryant drops alot of easy passes...just like Lloyd. That's why we didn't bother trying to re-sign him. That being said...he did get over 1000 yards, so that's something.

His attitude did seem better though...he didn't get in any kind of trouble in Cleveland.