Answer this question...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2007
I guess we do live in a self-consumed world, so you might have assumed I was asking you all to define who I am, though that really would be outlandish, don't you think?

Anyway, I ask this because it seems like a lot of people have no clue who they are. When asked to define themselves, they'd rather make a joke of it than attempt to figure out this difficult question. It's easier to make light of something than to really process it and try to solve it, I guess.
Have you ever watched the movie Death Of Salesman? Its a really good movie, i think you will like it.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
I don't think its self centered to know who you are because I know who I am, I'm just not open about it or feel the need to tell anyone who I am. I'm not afraid of being judged either, other people's opinions on me really don't matter, because they aren't me and they don't really know me unless they take the time to do so. I just figure if somebody really wants to know me and who I am, they can come find out for themselves. I mean, isn't that the way it works?

May 24, 2007
it's self-centered to know who you are?

To look inside and look for your-SELF is SELF centered.

To know yourself:

"For days she made ceaseless calculations, but they were all wondourously unsatisfactory. She found that she could establish nothing. She finally concluded that the only way to prove her-SELF was to go into the blaze, and then figuritively to watch her legs to discover their merits and faults. She reluctantly admitted that she could not sit still and with a mental slate and pencil derive an answer. To gain it, she must have blaze,blood, and danger, even as a chemist requires this, that, and the other. So she fretted for an opportunity."

The Red Badge Of Courage-Stephen Crane.

May 24, 2007
I don't think its self centered to know who you are because I know who I am, I'm just not open about it or feel the need to tell anyone who I am. I'm not afraid of being judged either, other people's opinions on me really don't matter, because they aren't me and they don't really know me unless they take the time to do so. I just figure if somebody really wants to know me and who I am, they can come find out for themselves. I mean, isn't that the way it works?
Co-Sign.

May 24, 2007
the term self-centered is equated to arrogance and massive ego and such. i think that's unfortunate, because until you figure out some fundamentals of who you are, it's hard to give much to anyone else, other than a bunch of conditional bullshit.
what are you looking for? I think knowing who you are lies not so much in pondering about it, than it does in actually taking actions and then finding out how you respond and think on your feet. In thinking about themselves, Self centered people tend to overlook their flaws and focus more on their ideal self, which is why their so arrogant and egotistical. Basically they believe their shit dont stink.

Mar 9, 2005
I'm not exactly sure who I am.

Even if I could describe to you who I 'was', my description probably wouldn't be very accurate. I think it's almost impossible to view oneself objectively - if somebodies known you long enough, I believe it's easily conceivable for them to know you better than you know yourself. All I can say for sure is that, in my purest form, I'm a complex clump of stardust suffering from a temporary bout of extreme negative entropy.

I've noticed you've been silent on this topic Karlie... if you don't mind me asking, who are you?

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I am searching for the answer but enjoying the journey and probably trying to fuck and smoke a blunt.

I'm sorry if that's smartass, but that's where I'm at right now and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Apr 8, 2005
im just another person lost in the dark, trying to find a light that actually counteracts all this confusion

another good one, i heard this in an atmosphere song.

"im just another zombie walking blindly through your ghost town"