Another Pro Tools M-Powered Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
I just recently upgraded from an M-Audio MobilePre to the M-Audio Fast Track Pro and also bought a Digidesign Command|8. Now here's the problem. I remember reading in the Command|8 manual that the Command|8 could be the only MIDI interface connected and running on your system at a time and I also have a MIDI In & MIDI Out on the Fast Track. I currently have my controller running into my MPC and the MPC into the Fast Track; for controlling Reason. But since I can only use the Command|8 when running Pro Tools, I can't sync everything up (Pro Tools with my MPC). But I can't get the MIDI interface on the Command|8 to work. Does the MIDI In on the Command|8 route through the USB port when not in Stand Alone mode? If so, how do I set this up? I'm not seeing this in the manual.

And I also can't get the MPC synced with Pro Tools through the Fast Track (when not running the Command|8). Any information on this?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
did you get a deal on the command 8 and the fast track? if i had the cash i'd probably just roll with a project mix so you have everything in one unit maybe less issues with connectivity.

I don't know though I usually just troubleshoot and scream at inadimate objects till the shit works the way i want it to lol

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Yeah. Due to not thinking long enough (after 30-45 minutes of deciding if I was going to get the Command|8 or not), I ended up getting it and getting the Fast Track like 4 days later.

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Got all the MIDI devices running through the Fast Track (and running fine), but still can't get the Command|8 MIDI inputs to run through the USB. But everything is working for me right now, I'ma keep playing with it until I figure it out.

But I still can't get any MIDI syncing with Pro Tools, Fast Track or Command|8.