Another Oscar Grant thread...Riots after verdict

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 7, 2004
So why don't you guys fuck up government buildings?

I understand striking out in a way that will get national attention if you do not have anyone in high political standards to help you go that route but why not government buildings. I mean how many people will be out of work and possibly not feed their families because where they worked is not going to be operational for some time or even ever?

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
but on the real, riots ain't no joke.....that whole atmosphere be crazy......rocks gettin thrown like 2 feet from your face into glass windows next to you.....foos runnin up on cars stomping the fuck outta em.....police be on edge ready to go war and shit.....crazy
so in other words its business as usual in oakland....cause what you described is a sideshow

Jan 7, 2004
but you got to understand who were dealing with here. Most people out there in the street already don't give a shit and have nothing better to do.

These folks are unable to grasp the full concept of whats going on here can only look towards a violent solution and i can't really blame them. They've been shitted on by the police their entire life and it's hard coming up out of the hood when everything you know is get bitches and get money when you look at the community around you. Its the dude with the scraper on 4's that has everyone looking at him and he's getting all the girls. Not the dude on his bike going to BART to so he can take classes at Laney.

Folks like that don't look towards the future and they like immediate results nor do they even know how to navigate their way through the system to make systemic change. They need a leader. But those days are gone. There are no more MLKs or Malcolm X. These kids are complacent with what they have, they just dont give a shit anymore. As long as they have enough to buy some rims, a grill and a new fit for the weekend they're good. It's sad but true, and only perpetuates the same shit their community has been going through forever. Same cycle.

That's why they loot, it's all about who can make the quickest come up. Not to mention its a change to form a mob and finally get back at the police without them getting caught.

It's the kid thats taking his bike to Laney who will be the one who gets an education and runs for office. But there are too few like him. he gets older and smarter and forgets where he comes from and doesnt want to give back to the community who never gave him shit.

It sucks i know!
This is why we need more responsible parents and Fathers in this world. If you are a dad and not a good one, then this is what ends up happening. Your child will learn and develop what they see and know from the streets. Leads to ignorent decisions and irrational thinking. I agree that they see no other way and a lot of the time any other way not only does not come to their mind but would not even make sense to them.

------------------------------
Wanna condemn cause they sell dope
Well man show em the ropes
Be a father a football coach a role model or a symbol of hope
Take another approach
Instead of testifying against em in court
Handcuffin em and closin the door so they can be worse than before
Can’t you see they only do what they know
Then you wonder why they don’t care no more
Life ain’t fair I know
-------------------------------------------------------------------T.I.-Prayin for Help

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
so in other words its business as usual in oakland....cause what you described is a sideshow
nah, a sideshow is hella party atmosphere....I mean, yeah, someone could fuck up and get their hood stomped out, but a sideshow is more relaxed.....this shit is nothing but pure anger & adrenaline....constantly moving and causing destruction.....that shit is a trip

Mar 12, 2006
but you got to understand who were dealing with here. Most people out there in the street already don't give a shit and have nothing better to do.

These folks are unable to grasp the full concept of whats going on here can only look towards a violent solution and i can't really blame them. They've been shitted on by the police their entire life and it's hard coming up out of the hood when everything you know is get bitches and get money when you look at the community around you. Its the dude with the scraper on 4's that has everyone looking at him and he's getting all the girls. Not the dude on his bike going to BART to so he can take classes at Laney.

Folks like that don't look towards the future and they like immediate results nor do they even know how to navigate their way through the system to make systemic change. They need a leader. But those days are gone. There are no more MLKs or Malcolm X. These kids are complacent with what they have, they just dont give a shit anymore. As long as they have enough to buy some rims, a grill and a new fit for the weekend they're good. It's sad but true, and only perpetuates the same shit their community has been going through forever. Same cycle.

That's why they loot, it's all about who can make the quickest come up. Not to mention its a change to form a mob and finally get back at the police without them getting caught.

It's the kid thats taking his bike to Laney who will be the one who gets an education and runs for office. But there are too few like him. he gets older and smarter and forgets where he comes from and doesnt want to give back to the community who never gave him shit.

It sucks i know!
Very well said. The majority of the rioters will be the people that have nothing. They either don't know how to better themselves and come up from nothing or don't know how to use the services that are in place to help them. The majority of potential rioters feel that they are treated differently regardless of what you or I may think. So when they see the video of Oscar getting shot they identify with him and probably could easily envision themselves being murdered in cold blood, because these folks honestly feel oppressed. This is all most of these cats know and it WILL get more attention than a picket line. Things like this hit close to home and all the built up frustration comes out and shit gets burned down and broken , y not go ahead and take what you want from the stores? If u feel like you have been shortchanged all your life do what you know right ?

Feb 7, 2006
How about get an education, run for office and help bring positive change to your community? How about you and a few of your friends who would be positive role models sign up for the police academy and bring change to the police force?

That's a fucked up way of looking at things, IMO.
LOL yeah right.

Dec 29, 2008
like my patna said a couple nights ago, "Don't burn down the ghetto. Go fuck up City Hall or hit a bank".

We not gonna burn down our own hoods. Watch.

Jan 7, 2004
She has the right idea.

It's just the fact that people do not make those types of decisions at the age of 5 and under those decisions have to be made at an adult level and by the time most are adults they have already have something else set in their minds. Go ask the average "hood" 18yr old+ if they could invision themselves being in a political spot and see the answer. Most would do not even know who the mayor is, if it werent for the celebrity status of California's governor most would not know that as well.

This type of thinking needs to be at a young age, when people say the kids are the future, as corny as that may sound it is the truth.

Feb 7, 2006
She has the right idea.

It's just the fact that people do not make those types of decisions at the age of 5 and under those decisions have to be made at an adult level and by the time most are adults they have already have something else set in their minds. Go ask the average "hood" 18yr old+ if they could invision themselves being in a political spot and see the answer. Most would do not even know who the mayor is, if it werent for the celebrity status of California's governor most would not know that as well.

This type of thinking needs to be at a young age, when people say the kids are the future, as corny as that may sound it is the truth.
You don't change the system, the system changes you. What you can do is destroy the system and implement another, and who got a lifetime for that?

Dec 4, 2006
It's going to get ugly if they find him not guilty..........

I'm out here in Concord, I'll be chilling watching all the dumb asses destroy their own city..on the couch..and peepin' if I can recognize a siccness member on TV...

Jan 7, 2004
You don't change the system, the system changes you. What you can do is destroy the system and implement another, and who got a lifetime for that?
Not overnight but in long periods of time things can change not as drasticaly as some might think but change does happen. I mean has nothing changed since the early 1900's. Well of course it has, it takes a lot of hard work and a lot of people standing behind it though.

What your saying is there is no hope(maybe not in our lifetime) but this type of thinking is what these young people are seeing and this type of feeling is what leads them to the decisions they make.

I am not disagreeing that the system is far beyond fucked but for those that have gone through a real hard life and made it out without becoming a lifetime criminal can tell you that while you may not change the system change within ones self can happen to a certain degree. (as small of degree as that may be, it is better than the alternative)

Feb 9, 2003
lol @ all the political scientist that suddenly sprung up because some kid from oakland got shot.

don't thread on me!

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
^^^ For real wheres the riots for all the others who are killed daily . ?????

Its just a bad situation - RIP Oscar Grant & EVERYBODY else who has died from cops fucking up -

AND IN NO WAY AM I DEFENDING THIS COP BUT I REALLY DON'T THINK HE WAS OUT TO KILL A YOUNG UNARMED PERSON THAT NIGHT , HE DID FUCK UP THOUGH SO HE MUST PAY NOT OTHERS LIKE STORE OWNERS .....