Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2004
idk but hdmi connector hd camcorder damn 720p idk wut carrier but maybe t-mobile..
but it looks dope motorola aint fucking around lol wen its out ill make a make the compare on that motoroi and nexus 1 so far motoroi is a head...

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
I fucking cannot wait for the Nexus One on verizon. I have the 2.1 rooted version on my droid, but this phone is going to be the shit. 2.1 Official for Droid drops this week.

Oct 23, 2009
Only way to get rid of stock apps is to root your phone. I believe renaming your app file from .apk to .bak will do it. From what ive read you shouldnt delete the app cuz when 2.1 drops it will look for thos stock apps and brick your phone if theyre not there.

Jul 4, 2009
Only way to get rid of stock apps is to root your phone. I believe renaming your app file from .apk to .bak will do it. From what ive read you shouldnt delete the app cuz when 2.1 drops it will look for thos stock apps and brick your phone if theyre not there.
Well if you root it then you will not recieve OTA updates from the carrier cause when you root it youll have a recovery image and that'll lock your phone to whatever ROM your using when you have root..
and you dont get rid of the stock apps that way you run a code like this in the command line on your computer with your android SDK running and phone hooked to the computer.
cd system
cd app
cat Bejeweled.apk > /sdcard/Bejeweled.apk
rm Bejeweled.apk

Fillyacup what kind of phone do you have? and if anyone wants to know how to root/remove the apps I can type up the codes or help you find a way to get the apk names to remove them
just tell me what kind of phone you have and the stock apps you want removed
and there is also a way to temporary root your phone to do what I was just talking about. thats what I have to do with my moment cause there is no way to keep root on there

Jul 4, 2009
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010...for-the-motorola-droid-rolling-out-this-week/

Motorola DROID users as a whole are a pretty happy bunch, but after finally getting their first taste of official multi-touch, we can’t help but blame them for wanting a whole lot more. The good news on this front is that Android 2.1 for the DROID will be made available next week, according to Motorola’s Facebook page. Motorola has not detailed what the update will encompass, but here’s what Engadget has been told:

* The current test build is Android 2.1 version 1
* The browser will have multi-touch
* Google Googles is pre-installed
* No visual changes to the homescreen or app drawer
* Active wallpapers aren’t included, but the fancy widgets that made their debut with the Nexus One are

Most of us probably agree that things like multi-touch in the browser are big news, but we can’t help but eagerly wait to see what all the Negative Nancy’s out there have to say about some of the nifty features that will allegedly be left behind. Regardless, we’ll be sure to give you all a shout as soon as the update starts trickling out.

Jul 4, 2009
Anyone try the gutted ROM for the hero yet?
Yeah I just got the hero yesterday n after rooting it and wiping all the bullshit sprint tv shit Im trying to find the best rom for the hero, or is fresh 1.1 still really realivent?

Jul 4, 2009
if anyone would like the scripts to remove the companys stock apps give me a pm or post what phone you got and what you want removed and I will write the code up for you to enter
I just learned how to do this on all phones...except the Eris cause there isnt a kernel out for that yet.

Jul 4, 2009
What youll need Treal and anyone else with a hero wanting to root it..
Android SDK..
asroot2 image..
Recovery Image.. thatll allow you to switch roms as you please.
Step 1: Download the Android SDK The Windows file is called android-sdk_r4-windows.zip. Extract the files to your C: drive so that you now have the folder C:\android-sdk-windows

Step 2: Download the asroot2 exploit file Extract asroot2.zip to C:\android-sdk-windows\tools folder.

Step 3: Download the Hero recovery image Place this file in C:\android-sdk-windows\tools as well.

Step 4: Make sure USB Debugging is off by going to Settings>Applications>Development. Now connect the phone to your PC via USB cable.

Step 5: Mount your sdcard; Browse to the HTC Sync folder and install HTC Sync on your pc. After it is done installing unmount the sdcard then enable your USB debugging.

Step 6: Open a command prompt by clicking the Start button and typing cmd into the search box and pressing enter or found under All Programs>Accessories.

Step 7: You will now enter a series of commands which I will place inside code boxes to indicate the entire command. You may copy and then paste them into the command prompt window by right clicking. Only enter one command at a time.

1:
Code:
cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
2:code:
adb devices
If you've been following this guide you will see your phone's serial number. If you get "device not found" error, you either need to make sure you the drivers were properly installed or make sure you enable USB debugging AFTER you connect the USB cable. Continue on once you get the proper phone serial output.

3:
Code:
adb push asroot2 /data/local/
4:
Code:
adb shell
5:
Code:
chmod 0755 /data/local/asroot2
6:
Code:
/data/local/asroot2 /system/bin/sh
You should see an output that says:
$ /data/local/asroot2 /system/bin/sh
[+] Using newer pope_inode_info layout
Opening: /proc/857/fd/3
SUCCESS: Enjoy the shell.
#
Now for a few last commands.

7:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
8:[/QUOTE]
Code:
cd /system/bin
9:
Code:
cat sh > su
10:
Code:
chmod 4755 su
You are now officially rooted. A few more steps and you will have flashed the recovery image.

11:
Code:
12:
Code:
13:
Code:
adb push recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img /sdcard
Pushing is equivalent of copy the file to the root of your sdcard. By the time you finished reading this it should be done. You'll know its done because the ouput will say something like transferred X bytes in X secs.

14:
Code:
adb shell reboot
This will cause the phone to restart automatically. Wait till it is fully booted to continue.

15:
Code:
adb shell
16:
Code:
17:
Code:
cd /sdcard/
18:
Code:
flash_image recovery recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img
FLASHING TO THE RECOVERY TAKES SEVERAL SECONDS-- BE PATIENT. ENTER THE NEXT COMMAND ONLY AFTER THE COMMAND PROMPT RETURNS TO THE # (ROOT SYMBOL).

19:
Code:
reboot recovery
Step 8: This is the last command; you may now close the cmd prompt. This will cause your phone to boot into recovery mode; it should take no longer than 30 secs. The third option on the list is "- Backup/Restore"; select it. Now, select the first option "- Nand backup". The phone will prompt you to press HOME to confirm which is want you want to do. The backup will begin. You will see the screen say, "Performing backup : .........." When done, the bottom of the screen will say "Backup complete!" and you will be given the menu options again. Go back to the main menu and select reboot system. Rebooting your phone after installing the new recovery image may take several minutes.

Step 9: Once your phone is fully booted, mount the sdcard. You will see a folder called "nandroid"; I highly recommend you copy this to your pc in case you lose your sdcard data or reformat it. Your phone is rooted, 100% backed up, and ready to install a custom rom if you wish!

Jul 4, 2009
To remove stock apps from the Hero youll need your phone rooted...It would be best if you do a Nanodroid backup as well so you dont fuck anything up..
enter on the command prompt:

cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
adb shell
youll get this..* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cd /system/app
You will now get a list of all installed apk's and odex files..
youll want to remove an app like so
rm Calculator.apk
SPELLING IS IMPORTANT!!

for me I just used Linda File Manager from the market and searched the names of the apks I wanted to get rid of..
download the file manager:
go to "my phone"
go to "system"
go to "app"
and youll have all the apk names..

NOTE: make sure youve done a backup via recovery like I posted above this post
and only take off the apk and odex's you do not wish to have.. dont toy around with things such as Camera.apk or Browser.apk cause they will not work anymore after you do this