American psycho?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
It's a strange movie and story. What the movie really seems like it was meant to be, was a social commentary of the times. Bale crushed that performance and some of the silliness dilutes the message or point of the film IMO. I think it's a great movie in terms of what it was trying to accomplish, and a great performance by Bale.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
the book is pretty fucked up; some of the violence is over the top and pretty disgusting. like shoving crushed glass into some girls pussy or shoving cheese in there and having a rat eat its way out. or murdering a young child at the zoo then watching the reaction of the mother. it should make you uncomfortable. i dont think it has any deep meaning and it was never meant to be some kind of indictment of consumerism and yuppie culture and i dont think theres any deep social commentary to be found; i think it was just a book written from darkness and borderline madness that was supposed to be absurd and hyper violent, that became more uncomfortable and extreme as it continued, with no relief. i think the movie mistakenly focused on the absurd and turned it somewhat comical, and tried to put artistic meaning onto something that was never meant to have it and never meant to be on a screen.

Props: NotAllThere

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
dont get me wrong the movie is still great, ive watched it probably 10 times and throw it on now and then. one of my favorite things she did was filmed willem defoe's private investigator scenes three times, one where hes not suspicious and friendly going through the motions, one where hes suspicious, and one where hes outright hostile and knows he killed him, then she mashed them together. i thought it was a great idea. i think the worst thing she did (aside from making it almost appear as though he imagined most everything at the end) was put herself in a scene with bale where she says hello to him at the crosswalk and crosses the street with him... i cringe every time

Props: NotAllThere
Jan 2, 2006
I always watch a movie more than once because my opinion change depending on my mood.. but not if its a new movie since most new movies is the same bullshit over and over again

One of the best serial killer movies imo is henry portrait of a serial killer