American gangster : Felix Mitchell airs on BET this wednesday

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2005
12. Felix Mitchell

First aired: 11/7/2007
Felix Mitchell, Jr. was Oakland, California’s first major heroin kingpin – and in 1986 he had the funeral to prove it. TV cameras rolled as Felix’s body was transported in a horse-drawn carriage through the streets of East Oakland before awestruck local residents, with 17 Rolls Royces following in procession. Twenty years later, rappers Too Short and Yukmouth, former rival Mickey Moore, former Oakland mayor Elihu Harris, and others help "American Gangster" revisit the life and times of Felix Michell Jr.

http://www.tv.com/american-gangster/show/67229/episode_guide.html?season=2&tag=season_nav;next

12. Felix Mitchell

First aired: 11/7/2007
Felix Mitchell, Jr. was Oakland, California’s first major heroin kingpin – and in 1986 he had the funeral to prove it. TV cameras rolled as Felix’s body was transported in a horse-drawn carriage through the streets of East Oakland before awestruck local residents, with 17 Rolls Royces following in procession. Twenty years later, rappers Too Short and Yukmouth, former rival Mickey Moore, former Oakland mayor Elihu Harris, and others help "American Gangster" revisit the life and times of Felix Michell Jr.

http://www.tv.com/american-gangster/show/67229/episode_guide.html?season=2&tag=season_nav;next
thiz is gonna be the best one in my opinion. and not just cuz itz bay related

DaBay

Sicc OG
Jan 27, 2005
damn i seen a clip of his funeral
mainey shit he had poneys an shit there and look like all of oakland was there

Aug 18, 2006
yall couldn't imagine what the town was like then...by the way urybody head back to labs, studios, dungeons or what ever, The American Gangster Soundtrack sounds like fire I CAN GET PASS TRACK 2...OHHHHH MYYYY!!! bout time somebody orchestrated an album

Oct 19, 2004
Oakland was the murder capital of cali in the late 80's and early 90's, This is around the time my fam had to move us the hell outta east oakland cuz it was literally an epidemic on them streets. A lot of cats dont know just how bad the town was ans still is. Shit aint no joke at all.

Its funny cuz felix grew up in the acorns wit my parents and when i moved to vallejo one of his underbosses moved down the street from me and ended up bein one of the cats that got busted in that big raid. I remember i used to walk from school and see him washin and shinnin up his new whips all the time. That show just brought back some memories.