Allen Anthony performed last nite at Yoshi's in SF

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 15, 2005
It was a really dope show. He had a live band and dj/producer Tone Capone on stage with him. He mostly sang 2 Tone Capone's beats/djin' but he did sing with the band from time 2 time. He brought Willie Henn on stage with him as well at 1 point and they performed a track 2gether that's gonna be on Allen's new album, Soulo, that's comin' soon. Most of his show was new tracks from the album so I didn't recognize a lot of his material but it sounds really good. He did perform his single from 2003, "All Right", which I believe was off of his unreleased album, Oakland International, and the last song he performed, which was part of his encore performance, was "Full Of Smoke", his 1st single from 1997 off of his group album, Ghetto Cyrano. He said he didn't plan on performin' that song so he didn't rehearse the track but they did a good job considerin'. :siccness:

Jul 22, 2003
Damn....I wish I went to that shit. That sounds dope as fuck. The band was replaying Tone Capone beats kind of like the Roots? They were using old Tone Capone beats for other artists?

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Sounds like it was a nice show. This song right here form the new album is DOPE as FUCK to me. Cant wait to have that in the iPod...

Nov 15, 2005
Damn....I wish I went to that shit. That sounds dope as fuck. The band was replaying Tone Capone beats kind of like the Roots? They were using old Tone Capone beats for other artists?
Yes and no. The band would play with Tone at the same time and/or Tone would start a beat and the band would finish it and vice versa. As far as other artists beats Tone flipped a Tupac beat (I can't remember which Pac beat at the moment; Dear Mama or Keep Your Head Up, somethin' like that) but it wasn't like it was on the spot. It was intentional and will be on Allen's new album.

Jul 22, 2003
^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds good. Like I said I wish I was there.

Hope Tone Capone brings his A game beats to this project and it doesnt turn out to be an R & B "Mack To the Future"