Alleged Libyan rape victim

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
I heard about it a few days ago and dismissed it as sensationalism and lies. Prob. Should,kt have drawn conclusions so fast but I'm on the same thought process as coldblooded.

Aug 19, 2004
I think it is a bullshit story and is propaganda similar to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_(testimony)
I suppose it could be. But they have video footage of the woman being dragged out of the hotel, yelling and screaming by the staff. Her family says they don't know where she's being held, and supposedly Libyan state run tv was talking about it saying she was a whore, thief and liar, and that even whore's should be patriotic.

Also, unlike that story, we know up front the full identity of the accuser.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/04/alleged-libyan-rape-victim-no-longer-in-government-custody/

^an update
She has been released after 72 hours, and supposedly, after was examined by a doctor that verified that she had been raped.

Aug 19, 2004
I think it was the circumstances that made her story unique.

1) Is that allegedly it was Ghaddafi loyalists who raped her. Like others said, the reason it makes the news is because it's anti-Ghaddafi propaganda and/or because it's something that happened during our current military operation.

2)More importantly, it's what happened after she reported she was raped by soldiers.
She was dragged away and detained for 72 hours while her family didn't know what was happening to her, the state run news reported that she was a whore and thief, and that even whores should be patriotic, Libyan authorities said she was a prostitute and reporters video taping the scene of her being dragged away and put in a car had some of their video cameras smashed.

You don't feel that this is newsworthy? A government that attempts to discredit and then detain a victim raped by it's soldiers?

Sep 1, 2004
www.madinsanity.com
No. Not really. Turning her into some sort of hero for propaganda. Where's the proof they raped her? Why was it soldiers? How does anyone know? Cuz some rape report says it happened. Did they do a DNA test to confirm who it was? Soldiers raping people have been going on for a good minute. Just sayin'.

Aug 19, 2004
No. Not really. Turning her into some sort of hero for propaganda. Where's the proof they raped her? Why was it soldiers? How does anyone know? Cuz some rape report says it happened. Did they do a DNA test to confirm who it was? Soldiers raping people have been going on for a good minute. Just sayin'.
I agree with you on the propaganda part, as the media here as been portraying it. But you said...

Am I suppose to be saddened for her? What about all the females in America being raped? Shall we put all them in the news too? Perhaps women being raped in Africa also?
I pointed out that this is news because it's not just a regular case of rape, but a rape by soldiers, and an attempted government cover up with Libyan news, channels as well as government officials slandering her.

And the Libyan government finally had a doctor see her and verified that she had been raped.

Sep 1, 2004
www.madinsanity.com
She is a tool. She is their tool. Anyone could have raped her. There is no proof it was the soldiers. He said She said. I do not feel bad. Our media is using her as a poster child for Libya and how awful things are. How do you know the doctor is not working for the propaganda machine? Adding fuel to the fire? You don't know.

Side note. Why are we gonna bomb libya when a few months ago North Korea was firing on South Korea and we did nothing? How many more problems is our government going to jump into that we cannot finish?

Aug 19, 2004
She is a tool. She is their tool. Anyone could have raped her. There is no proof it was the soldiers. He said She said. I do not feel bad. Our media is using her as a poster child for Libya and how awful things are. How do you know the doctor is not working for the propaganda machine? Adding fuel to the fire? You don't know.
First off, I already agreed with you that the media here is using it as propaganda to defend our intervention.

However, that doesn't excuse wrong doing on the part of the Libyan government. It's funny your questioning her, the doctor, etc, but you can see footage of government officials smashing the reporters cameras, dragging her away, government officials saying she's a whore and a thief, and the Libyan state TV saying she's a whore and a thief and that she should be patriotic and yet you don't question the Libyan govt???

How do you know the doctor is not working for the propaganda machine? Adding fuel to the fire? You don't know.
Because after the lady was taken away by government officials and interrogated they finally let a physician see her. The physician was brought in by the Libyan government, and he verified that it was rape.