Alex Smith Signs!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Why are you guys so surprised he got paid so much?! 1# draft picks always get this kind of money, so it shouldn't be anything new that he got 50 million... :rolleyes:

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
Flop or not, it's the nature of the biz to pay some cat a load of money whether they may or may not deserve it. Obviously he got talent or he would not have been the number one pick (I can't lie, I don't know much about him, and thought Aaron Rodgers would have been a better pick). All you cats rooting for him to fail sound like a bunch of Niner haters still sour from all the ass whoopins the niners put on your teams over the years... I hope your favorite teams end up in last place right next to my team since I know we'll be at the bottom some where, but at least we'll get a good look at this guy and see if he's worth the money we paid him. And at least Dennis Erickson aint our coach anymore... That was one our best move since the franchise began... We woulda never been as bad as we are now if it wasn't for him and team management. We still got a decent squad, they just gotta learn to believe in themselves again...

May 10, 2002
DO THE NINERS STILL HAVE SALARY CAP PROBLEMS??? DAMN DUDE IS SET FOR LIFE AND HASNT EVEN HAD TO PROVE HIMSELF OR EVEN TAKE A SNAP IN A GAME, ALL I KNOW IS HE WILL BE GETTING SACKED A LOT THIS YEAR AND HE JUST BETTER HOPE HE DOESNT GET SERIOUSLY INJURED BUT I GUESS SINCE HES GETTING SO MUCH MONEY HE WOULDNT BE TRIPPEN.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Its not the money that bothers me, its the 24 million dollar guarantee.

That should be a $50 million dollar contract with about 9 million signing bonus (guarantee). He should work for the other 41 million.

If I were him, I'd pull a Ricky Williams, take the money, and get the fuck out of Dodge.

Look at Tim Couch - he's rich beyond his wildest dreams, and he sure doesnt deserve that money. Same with Akili Smith.

May 2, 2002
Stealth said:
Its not the money that bothers me, its the 24 million dollar guarantee.

That should be a $50 million dollar contract with about 9 million signing bonus (guarantee). He should work for the other 41 million.

If I were him, I'd pull a Ricky Williams, take the money, and get the fuck out of Dodge.

Look at Tim Couch - he's rich beyond his wildest dreams, and he sure doesnt deserve that money. Same with Akili Smith.
I agree...24 million of guaranteed money is crazy.

As for Couch and Smith...you can't even compare the two.

Couch played on a few of the worst teams in NFL history...especially the O-line, and took the Browns to the playoffs one year.

Akili did absolutely nothing.

Ryan Leaf would be a better comparison.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Ryan Leaf would be a better comparison.
Couldn't think of his name. I was referring more towards Couch in Green Bay when he took $500,000 dollars, got on the injured list 2 weeks later, and sued the team for the money.

May 2, 2002
lErK said:
Ya'll just mad cause we thugs and u ain't....
lol...yeah, I'm sure that's it.

I was referring more towards Couch in Green Bay when he took $500,000 dollars, got on the injured list 2 weeks later, and sued the team for the money.
Ohh...I know. You should know by now, these football players nowadays are greedy as hell.

No, No, No...I won't sign for 3.2 mil. It's either 3.5 mil or I'm holding out.

May 2, 2002
^^^
I think that's basketball. I'm not sure though.

In football, every year the rookies get paid a percentage more than last year...I want to say 10% ?