Albums you have liked so far from 2008 thread.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
It's not called Ragged Wood anymore, it's self titled. That's the right album though. It's so damn good.

I was listening to it today while walking to work and the music is just so clean, refreshing and uplifting.

If you guys like them you should check out another Seattle band called The Cave Singers. It's really good stuff as well.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah i dug that album too.

In all honesty, i cant even remember what came out this year besides what i listed. Its been a blur.
If you got the extra cash support them (their local) and pick up the EP. I got it for $4.99 at Easy Street in Queen Anne.

They have said themselves though that they do it for the music and not the money are all for downloading if gets their music heard by as many people as possible. I just think it's good to help out a great local band. Seattle and the surrounding area has a lot of good new bands (last 3 years or so) popping up once again.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I just downloaded ragged wood after I saw you mention and I really liked a couple songs. I still think Kay Kay, City & Colour, Introducing Foxy, Fortress, Gutter Twins and Genghis Tron are better though.

I guess my biggest disappointment would be the Mark Lanegan & Isobel Campbell album. There was like 2 good songs and everything else was boring as hell.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant EP

Hands down the best thing released so far this year. I can't fucking wait until their self titled full length comes out in June even though I already got it.
Actually this is tied with Rabbit Habits. When typing that I had somehow forgotten about the album I had listened to every day since it was leaked lol.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Anthony Green- Avalon comes out in august and might be the only album that can beat Bring Me Your Love
Wait...what? AG is putting out a solo album? How in the fuck did I not know that. Any info RJ? All acoustic? Any Circa or Saosin covers?

Bring Me Your Love is dope but it got old to me quickly. I've been listening to a lot of 1990s stuff like Braid, Car Vs. Driver, Christie Front Drive, Mineral, etc ,etc so I think that's why I love this Algernon Cadwallader album so much because it sounds like a updated version of those bands. But regardless of those bands Algernon Cadwallader kicks much ass. You should check them out if you haven't yet.

http://www.myspace.com/algernoncadwallader

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I didn't like the guy's voice lol.

i am releasing an album of songs that i have worked on for over ten years. my friends Good Old War performed with me on the album and at many live events. they are my favorite band and i love working with them because they are such good friends- we recorded it in avalon nj on 1st street a block from the beach. the house we used has been apart of my life for almost a decade,and belongs to my ladies family. In the beginning of march the town is empty as shit and made for a crazy strange,amazing atmosphere- our friend Joe Dell'Aquila at exeter recording and mixing helped us track and was assisted by our friend josh. this will be the first of many musical experiments i intent conduct over the next few years both alone and with my friends - thanks for visiting - there's a lot more to come.
Good Old War= Keith Dan & Tim's band. Ex- Days Away guys.

Songs Expected To be on the album
Anthony Green - Avalon
01 - Stone Hearted Man
02 - Baby Girl
03 - I've Been Dying To Reach You
04 - First Day Of Work At The Microscope Store (Dancing For The Cameras On The Traffic Lights)
05 - The Devil Song
06 - She Loves Me So (Confirmed As Being On This)
07 - The More You Get, The Less You Are
08 - ?
09 - ?
10 - ?
11 - ?
12 - ?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I didn't like the guy's voice lol.
Hahaha...funny, that's half of what I love about the band. Plus they remind me a lot of Braid and well yeah, I love Braid.

Thanks for the AG info. I've been wanthing to hear proper versions of the listed songs for awhile. Plus five other songs...how can you go wrong?

Listen to Algernon Cadwallader some more and I bet you will love them.

/fanboy.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I've got 4 songs they used to have on their myspace when they were called Castles. I posted those awhile ago in the upload thread as the Keith Dan & Tim songs. And that's it, I think they're recording an album right now.