Albums done by one producer ...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
I think it's a good look to have close to half of an album produced by a dope producer so there's cohesiveness.

Very rarely can a producer pull off an entire album and have songs that sound repetitive.

May 7, 2002
I think it's a good look to have close to half of an album produced by a dope producer so there's cohesiveness.

Very rarely can a producer pull off an entire album and have songs that sound repetitive.
True, it's quite rare.

Daz did it on Dogg Food
Dre did it on The Chronic and Doggystyle
Warren G did it on G-Funk Era

However, there were some Bay producers that worked well together (Rick Rock, Mike Mosely, Tone Capone). The projects they collaborated on sounded dope and flowed well together.

Apr 20, 2005
Because with a lot of musicians they need the money now. Forget the ones that are playing to support their habits. You have to maintain your equipment which isn't cheap, get from studio to studio which takes gas and toll, eat while you're recording (which can be up to ten hours a day if the studio is booked for a day) and all types of other shit. One of the guys on my project has his own studio so he makes a bit of money on the side doing that. Another offers guitar and piano lessons and another repairs and mods guitars and guitar amps on the side.

So I look at it like this. Do you get a sack, try it and then pay the D-boy only if you got high?
how much do u charge for a beat? Im just curious cuz i someday i might want to start selling my shit. Me personally, as low budget as i am. I would just make music from a closet or a bedroom whatever. The studio time can come later if the music is good enough to spend money. All these kids nowadays only need a laptop, program, and a mic. If the artists are talented enough they will make money off of it.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
how much do u charge for a beat? Im just curious cuz i someday i might want to start selling my shit. Me personally, as low budget as i am. I would just make music from a closet or a bedroom whatever. The studio time can come later if the music is good enough to spend money. All these kids nowadays only need a laptop, program, and a mic. If the artists are talented enough they will make money off of it.
I charge based on the persons budget and what needs to be done and then I use aliases for credits. But right now, the beat game is saturated due to all the $9.99 lease and exclusive shit. So, I would suggest building a diverse catalog and then shooting your tracks to people outside of the music biz. And nah, you really don't need a lot of shit to get started but if you want a certain type of sound then you go the route of a recording suite or big studio. lap top, cool interface in the $100-$300 range, Reaper and a cool mic ($200-1,000) and you are set to track. Now when it comes to mixing thats a different animal and this is where the experience and knowledge of gear and how shit works comes into play.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
True, it's quite rare.

Daz did it on Dogg Food
Dre did it on The Chronic and Doggystyle
Warren G did it on G-Funk Era

However, there were some Bay producers that worked well together (Rick Rock, Mike Mosely, Tone Capone). The projects they collaborated on sounded dope and flowed well together.
Tone Capone is so underrated, he is the master of the replay sample.

Jul 19, 2007
Only a group of producers can create a classic album. It takes more than one guy behind the boards to create a real classic. Any album that is considered a classic took multiple producers and musicians to create. It's in the credits
WAT ABOout glp or cellski ect... u don't consider that classic? all done by 1 guy jt or cell