Album Sales?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Juice

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2003
www.juicethesungod.com
I just had a couple of questions for those who have or have had an album out. Where do you get most of your sales from? Trunk? Shows? Stores? Clubs? Online? I would imagine that most of it comes from the street hustle, but I just want to see if it differs from artist to artist. For myself at this point most of my sales have come from being out on the street, doin shows, and being at clubs. My album online and in the stores has done pretty well, but of course at times it's a little slower than I would like it to be. Also, what do you feel would make online sales go better? I sat and thought about this for a while and I came to the conclusion that postin that your album is available in a bunch of threads doesn't make things go smoother. Instead some might call that SPAM. So, what do you do? When do you finally say my time is up on postin about my album and it's time to move on to the next step? I don't feel that I've overposted about my album on here, but at the same time I wonder if I've done enough to get the word out. In stores I wonder the same thing. Is it better to get your album in as many stores as possible or should you hit the spots where you know you have a better chance of gettin them sales? For me I think it's important to get your album in as many stores as possible to let people know that it's out, but I also think it's important to hit the spots that you feel you'll be more succesful in. One last thing...do you feel comfortable with the price you set for you album out on the streets? Everybody knows that when you're out on the streets they will be able to pick up your album at a cheaper price. So to you is more important to get more albums out at a cheaper price or would you rather make your money quicker? For me in the beginnin I thought about makin my money back quicker, but then I decided that gettin my album in as many peoples hands and at the same time makin my money back a little slower would be more benificial.

So, anyway I just thought I would ask for y'alls opinion on this subject. I know there's a lot of questions, but you don't have to answer them all. I'm just lookin to learn from what everyone else is doin. Also, if you don't have an album out and you're a fan of music feel free to post your thoughts as well. Let me know what makes you wanna go out and pick up an album.

Thanx for your time y'all!

Juice a.k.a.

The Sun God